To Lock or Not To Lock

Have you ever locked your handbag?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I keep mine on the tabs of my canvas Speedy's. On my Empreiente Speedy, it's on the gold piece that connects the strap to the bag. I always keep the locks on my Speedy's. It adds something special.

I always used to wear the lock on my speedy's lead as well but started playing around with it. Now I sometimes have it on the square connecting the handle or I sometimes use my pochette extender/key ring and put the lock + keys on the hoop end and just use that as a bag charm :smile:.

But in the end, I never wear the speedy without the lock!

Here are some pictures of where I put the lock. I can use and display the lock without damaging or scratching the bag.

Attachments

• 2014-01-05 01.53.23.jpg
    2014-01-05 01.53.23.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 280
  • 2014-01-09 23.49.49.jpg
    2014-01-09 23.49.49.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 279
Reactions: MaggieMayDo
I keep mine on the tabs of my canvas Speedy's. On my Empreiente Speedy, it's on the gold piece that connects the strap to the bag. I always keep the locks on my Speedy's. It adds something special.

doesn't it scratch the hardware? do
you mind doing a pic pls? thanks in advance...😊

Here are some pictures of where I put the lock. I can use and display the lock without damaging or scratching the bag.

Great idea!!

I have heard that it stretches the tab…blah blah blah so I don't have mine on there, but I think I am going to take it out and put it on since I have been hearing it doesn't. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

I have only locked my Speedy 30 once, and that was on an international flight. Dilemma was where to put the keys... I ended up putting one on a long necklace and wearing it.

When my lock is on my bag, it's on the gold hardware as a bag charm. Very protective of my bags, so I was not keen on stretching the vachetta tab where the lock is traditionally placed... It sits nicely and doesn't swing, so there's no damage to the hardware or canvas.