To keep my LV or not to keep it?

It's sold out...but flaps definitely drive me nuts. There was a Cole Haan I adored, but I knew the flap would make me reach the point where I'd take it to the shooting range for target practice. :lol:

Roo said:
Cate, here's a link from elux:

http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=10418232&SectionID=

Serendipity. to be honest, I love the design of the bag and just wish it had a zipper opening on top. I am worried the opening/closing of the flap is going to drive me nuts. The large Damier salsa was hard to find- only one store in Paris had them in stock.

I think I will just have to go in there and look. I love that new little pouchette with the buckle on the front in mono canvas. I might be tempted to snatch that up.

This is my first post on PF, so hopefully it posts correctly. :smile:

I'm considering my first LV purchase and even went in to buy the Speedy 25/30. After looking at them, I realized that I really needed a functional shoulder bag that allows easy access. So now I'm looking at the Petit Noe after reading this forum. Perhaps it would work for you.

I went to LV after court this morning and I spent a lot of time looking at bags. I walked out with what I hadn't expected!The large Cabas (angelina) tote!

I have always been a damier girl so this surprised me- but I tried on that bag and it looked good on me and was comfortable and I just looked at it and it looked GOOD. (I happen to not like Angelina Jolie so that makes this all the more ironic... :P )

I might also add that I saved some money since I bought the Damier bag in Paris and got the tax refund, I saved about $100. However, LV in Seattle credited me the USA price towards the new bag so even paying the difference I still got a deal.

Amanda, one of the SAs in Seattle, is probably the nicest SA I have ever met in a LV store (except for the ones in Paris, who are all incredibly nice too). If any of you ever need anything or can't find something at a LV store, CALL HER. She told me that Seattle customers have different tastes than other locations and often they have bags there that are hard to find elsewhere.

She was also really glad to see that Damier- she said they were sold out and so they were happy to take it into their inventory.

We also talked about the made in France vs Spain vs USA thing. She said on the high demand bags, mostly all of them are from the USA factory because they sell more and need to restock them more often. The majority of the large Cabas bags, according to her, are made in France, so I got a Frenchie. :nuts: The Seattle store is being remodeled/expanded to almost three times the current size so it will be nice to see all their inventory out on display when they finish.

*ALSO* I could have sworn I saw a Damier Alma on display, I thought those were on special order? Maybe I was hallucinating? (If someone is reading this and wants one, call Amanda and ask her about it.)

Amanda also gave me tips on how to get the patina to cure, etc. which is always helpful. I will try to post pics later. One more example of the A+ customer service LV provides that a lot of other retailers can't hold a candle to!

Thanks Kathy!

I have been reading the threads about the patina and the sprays. Should I let the patina start for a few days before spraying? I will need to do that before winter, since I am in the land of rain! Also is the Wilson's spray the best or the Monkey spray??

I will post pics soon- waiting for my Chloe Edith to arrive and will post both!

Congrats, Roo! I'm so glad you found a bag you loved! Can't wait to see your pics...:nuts: :nuts:
And with regards to the sprays, many ladies here highly recommend the Shining Monkey...