To Crocodile or Not To Crocodile

LOOKINGOOD35 said:
Question. What is the difference in nilo & porosus?
quote]
Hi Lookinggood, I copied this from what I wrote a while back.

Croc porosus is rarer than Croc niloticus and generally has smaller and more even scales. Croc porosus, by the way, is a saltwater croc from Australia. Croc niloticus, on the other hand, is a freshwater croc. Hermes acquires theirs from Zimbabwe.

Some say there's really no difference in quality and it's all a matter of preference, but you'll find that Hermes aficionados prefer porosus because of its rarity, the smaller scales, and the fact that it's considered Hermes' creme de la creme.

Although there appear to be more votes for the 35 Brown..LaVan and Lila, I do see where you're coming from...my SA called this evening and asked which one I wanted...Guess what I said?

BOTH!! AHHH!! So I am going to have two really gorgeous new bags...and one divorce!

And LookingGood-- I prefer Mat finish becuase I feel it's a touch less over-the-top (this coming from someone who just dropped $50K on bags...) but, I don't even ask anymore, Croc is Croc, they're so rare that I can't afford to wait for mat...

Woohoo!! I'm so excited! I don't even know if they're in the store yet...my SA will call again tomorrow and we'll all be updated!

User857857 said:
Although there appear to be more votes for the 35 Brown..LaVan and Lila, I do see where you're coming from...my SA called this evening and asked which one I wanted...Guess what I said?

BOTH!! AHHH!! So I am going to have two really gorgeous new bags...and one divorce!

And LookingGood-- I prefer Mat finish becuase I feel it's a touch less over-the-top (this coming from someone who just dropped $50K on bags...) but, I don't even ask anymore, Croc is Croc, they're so rare that I can't afford to wait for mat...

Woohoo!! I'm so excited! I don't even know if they're in the store yet...my SA will call again tomorrow and we'll all be updated!

Whoa!:yahoo: Congratulations! You better post pics of those beauties! I'm green with envy:girlsigh: