To all you city girls...

yhassan

O.G.
Feb 16, 2006
Why is this a good size? I am very petite (5'1) & love my first, however, I recently found a city in a color that I love but am having reservations because of the size. Do you like it because it is big? I've never carried the city so I'm not sure if it'll look to overwhelming on me or not...What do you all suggest?? (p.s. it is also a bright color, if this factors in) You are the experts & I would love to hear from you all!

i'm only 5'2 and the city is the perfect size every day bag for me.. not too big not too small.. i say if you love the colour go for it you won't regret it :smile:

hey yhassan - i love my Black CITY because it holds LOTS of stuff but right now it seems like i need to up grade to a WORK... but anyway, i'm just 5'1 and i love carrying my CITY... I dont think the SIZE is overwhelming at all - just perfect!!! i use my Black CITY everyday... its a REAL staple bag in my collection of bags!!! I reckon you should BUY a CITY and give it a go - you'll surprise yourself on how much you'll begin to LOVE it!!! good luck!!!

I tried the Classique, but it was just too small. I have 2 City bags, however and they are perfect. I use the shoulder strap quite a bit. The bag is slouchy, so it doesn't seem that much bigger than the Classique, but it holds more. There is a really good picture of Helen in the modeling thread of her wearing her black City. That is what convinced me to try the City.

I'm a few inches taller than you (maybe like three), but I still prefer the city because it's so convenient. I like to tote around my stuff, but it's not like I have to carry my whole life in it. What make me choose it over the first is that I could put notebooks, magazines, water bottles, sunglasses, larger items that I couldn't fit into the first (albeit not all at the same time).

i'm 5'2 and i love my city! it's a great bag for everyday to carry all of my stuff to work (heels, yogurt, book, ipod, wallet, sunnies, small makeup case, etc) but it doesn't look overwhelming. if it isn't full it slouches nicely but if you need to pack more stuff in there it expands.
and i think the city looks awesome in bright colors!

I'm usually not a big bag gal either (I'm 5'2") but tried these on in my local store, and after checking out some pics online, the City seems perfect if you need a more "functional" bag. For me, the First was very cute, but so similar in size to my other "shopping" bags, that it didn't make sense to get another to do the same purpose.

I'm 5'4 which isn't very tall either and I like my cities much more than my first because they hold more and I don't like it when a bag is overstuffed. In the beginning I thought that the city is pretty big but now I'll definetly upgrade to a wotk this season. I think it looks great on small women.

Edna said:
I'm 5'2" and I don't think the City will look too big at all. And to be honest, when I first saw the city, I thought it was too small!

Yes, I was the same! Well, ok maybe not too small.. but I do remember thinking, "ehh?? Is this it? It's a bit smaller than I had imagined.."