Tiffany & Co raised their prices!!

Ohh, I saw a necklace that my BF got me in Dec. go up over $100 in less than a month! I don't like these price increases at all...but hey gives us an excuse to buy more stuff before another one comes!

Tiffanys constantly raises their prices and large percentages. I am really turned off by them...still admire some pieces, but I am in business and you can't honestly raise prices like they do. There is really no justification. All they can say is they are "luxury" goods and therefore it warrants the hike.

I have not bought a piece of Tiffany's jewelry since 3 years ago because of their price increases. I remember when the heart tag silver bracelet was $160 and had a couple more extra links. I bought a silver large starfish necklace for my firiend 4 years ago and it was around $120 something including tax and I went back 3 years ago to buy the same necklace for another friend and they raised their prices to $150 without tax and now they have the necklace for around $210. I like their designs but it's makes me a little weary of them cause of their constant price increases, I know the value of silver has increased some but not this much.

I don't own a lot Tiffany peices, but 2 out of the 4 pieces I do have have gone up since I bought them.

I bought the bead braclet a few years ago for $100, now it's $150.

A while ago (a few years) my boyfriend (now Husband) bought me the Open Heart Ring for $90, now it's $185.

You can buy almost the same looking items elsewhere for cheaper. It's so expensive because you're paying for the name.

Sigh..what else is new? Everything I like is going up in price lately.
I remember when my heart tag bracelet was $125..my dad got it for me for Valentine's Day when I was in 10th grade (2001).

They always are raising their prices. I remember one xmas I pointed out a necklace to my bf and it was $90 and he didn't get it for me, by my birthday it was $110 and my mom got it for me. Now it is $145. And a bracelet my bf got me was $395 before and now $525. I always keep him informed of the price increases because I tell him it is better to buy me jewelry now than wait for the prices to go up!

Wow! The heart tag bracelet was $125 before? The cheapest I could remember was $140 and that was in the beginning of 2002. When I first saw the price increase I didn't even know it was a price increase, I thought I was going crazy and forgetting things. For example, my ex bf purchased the open heart tear drop necklace for me in 2001 so... 6 years ago (doesnt feel that long ago maybe I'm really just getting old) and it was $80 then, maybe $85? Now, it's $125. Then on Valentines day of 2003 my next bf purchased me the bean necklace for $100 (I was stupid and made him return it as I felt guilty since he was having financial problems. Idiot mistake #1. And then he dumped me 2 months later) That necklace is now it's $145 and I feel like an idoit because I could have that beautiful necklace right now if I had not been so nice. Well all that is true and I proved to myself I was not crazy but for this last piece...

...the bar necklace, I seriously think I am delusional. I clearly remember going into Tiffanys with my sister in 2003 or 2004 and seeing the $70 price tag. Now, that necklace is $175! That is not possible right? If anyone else remembers it being $70 please tell me so I will stop thinking I'm going nuts! I know for a fact that in October of 2005, that necklace was $150 but that is the lowest of know of where I am sure i was not delusional at the time. I think I'm becoming obsessed over this price increase thing.

The price increases seem to be happening a lot more quickly recent, and I gotta say as much as love their stuff, it gets to the point where I feel silly paying that much for some of the lighter weight sterling items.

My BF got me the heart lariat necklace last valentines, and it was $175 at the time... few months later it was $185... and I noticed it's listing on the website for $225 now. :s

Pretty soon they won't have anything worth getting in the $100-200 range!

^^not delusional. I remember the small bean necklace was $90 in 2002 and the 1837 bar necklace was around $70 a couple of years ago. I wanted to buy it to match my 1837 cuff bracelet, ring and earrings but didn't cause I didn't want to look like 1837 overkill...but now I wish I had gotten it.