Thoughts on Natural/Sable Birkin in Fjord

Wafaya

O.G.
Feb 26, 2006
I need your feedback and opinions on the color and leather.. any pics of the color Natural/Sable? How about the leather... pros and cons?

I really appreciate ur input ladies, I need to come to a decision fast :P

^ Does this color come in Fjord?
IMO, I'd prefer something like gold or caramel in the heavily textured leathers such as Fjord or Togo.
I think Natural/sable is best on chamonix or croc! :smile:

Forgot to say that many people here love their Fjord Birkins! They do absorb color very well, but better for the reds or Blue Jean. Fjord in a Birkin is going to be a heavy bag. Durable, though.

Thanx GreenTea ... the bag was described to me as natural sable 35 birkin in fjord... I have been in search of a light neutral color and this is what i was offered... any pics of that color?

Wafaya said:
Thanx GreenTea ... the bag was described to me as natural sable 35 birkin in fjord... I have been in search of a light neutral color and this is what i was offered... any pics of that color?
A color swatch is already available in the color swatch thread at the top of the page in the Hermes reference library. HTH.

BTW, this color is gorgeous in a smooth leather like chamonix or vache natural.

Thanx pinkish_love :smile: I've noticed that the color swatches in the boutique aren't always accurate.. I think because with the old swatches they change with time.. and sometimes a color could look amazing when seen on a small area than when u see it on a whole bag

Wafaya said:
ok..confusion alert! so the color is called natural sable and the leather is fjord.. so obviously fjord doesn't darken!!! am i right?
It's a light bag and will have to he handled delicately to avoid color transfer and dirt, etc. But I was told darkening will be faster with some leathers than others, depending on whether the leather is finished with a resin or not. For example, chamonix should not darken as fast as vache natural, which is untreated with a resin.

hermesgroupie: do u mean natural darkening as when it gets dirty and color transfer from clothes or darkening like the leather barenia darkens over time?

I apologize for being a nag and for asking so many questions :shame:

I agree with u pinkish_love but I have a potiron jpg birkin and tend to wear it with browns and neutral so basically the depth of the color reminds me of gold and caramel in togo... i need something paler.. something with yellow and beige undertones

Wafaya said:
hermesgroupie: do u mean natural darkening as when it gets dirty and color transfer from clothes or darkening like the leather barenia darkens over time?

I apologize for being a nag and for asking so many questions :shame:
Yep, color transfer from clothes. Natural darkening comes form continuous contact to the oils from your hands, the scratches too will blend with time and develop a patina like barenia. I was informed Fjord and chamonix should not darken like barnia, vache natural definitely will. HTH.