Thoughts About Chain Shoulder Straps....

Equalizer

O.G.
Jun 26, 2007
Are they uncomfortable sitting on the shoulder for long periods of time, and they heavy? I was possibly thinking of purchasing the bag in the picture, but am hesitant because of the chain....

mjmelinda0.jpg

I find that the chains are a bit uncomfortable sometimes. If your shoulder gets tired you can carry it on your arm, but sometimes that leaves marks. I tend to stay away from chain bags, unless of course they are Chanel, then I make the sacrafice!

Some chains can be uncomfortably heavy, and that is why I stay away from them, but it really depends upon the bag. I like them better when they have leather interwoven in the links.

The chain looks great but will definitely kill your should after a while. Since this is a MJ bag (which are heavy to begin with) and you have to use the chain to carry it I would pass.

I think probably the reason people don't have problems with the Chanel bags, is because of their size. It's fine to have a chain strap if the bag is small so you can't stuff a whole lot into it. Therefore the weight would be reasonable.

Judging from the size of this bag, if you're like me and are prone to overstuffing a bag to capacity and beyond, then I wouldn't go for this one because the strap would be painful very quickly.

I like the chain strap bags that have the strip of leather in the middle right where it would sit on your shoulder like on this Fendi B bag.

Attachments

• PG_21212.5693_ZM1.jpg
    PG_21212.5693_ZM1.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 44
I had a small light leather bag i had bought from Banana Republic once and it wasn't that uncomfortable, but it left marks on my shoulder in the summer when I would use it.. I would imagine a heavier bag might be uncomfortable.

I have heard complaints about longer hair getting caught in chain shoulder straps so that is the reason I steer away from them.

Though to be totally honest, if I could afford a Chanel Bubble bag, I wouldn't care how much of my hair got yanked out!

I have a black MJ stam that I absolutely love!!! I carry it as often as possible (given that the weather allows it), and I actually don't think it's heavy at all! The chain isn't particularly comfortable, but not uncomfortable either.. so it doesn't bother me:smile:

My Marc Jacobs tote has a chain strap. I love the way it looks but it is heavy. I never go sleeveless so I don't know about it rubbing. I do not take it when I am on a major shopping spree.