This made me sad :-(

I totally think that her comment came from jelousy too....

But I do find people that do not care very much for the Damies but its the only pattern I like in LV.....as long as you like it....dont give it a second thought!!!!!:yes:

Why does it matter? It's your bag not hers..so she shouldn't criticize so harshly. And I think Damier is very unisex..you can dress it up very easily and it's a gorgeous pattern. Like others have said, I do think she was probably a little jealous or annoyed that she had a fake bag while you had a new, real one.

When I first discovered my passion for LV many moons ago, it was all about Monogram for me and I thought Damier was fugly. A decade passed and I come to appreciate and LOVE the Damier pattern! It is classy, understated and less faked. I now have the Damier Speedy 25 and the Manosque PM on the way.... :smile:

So yesterday my friend and I were getting lunch and she had a new fake Fendi Spy that she bought for $300 (??!!). A very obvious fake made out of plastic. She kept talking about how beautiful and realistic looking it was... I was trying to be helpful and honest so I told her it was obviously fake and warned her not to tell people it was real (I thought that was a nice thing to do!) Anyway my new LV Damier Illovo was on the table and she started making faces of disgust at it. She then said she didn't like the pattern and preferred every other pattern except for the Damier. It looks "like a checker or chess board" and she just "didn't understand the point of it". Do most people not like the pattern? What do y'all think, do you like the damier? I think she was just trying to be rude to me, but I really love it and am shocked that she would just outright say that. I don't normally let comments like that get to me, but it really did. Has anyone ever said anything like this to you ladies?

I think your friend said that because, she was jealous! I love the damier pattern, it is really sophisticated. She was jealous she had a crappy, horible, fake, while, you got the real thing!

i like the damier. she's prolly pissed that she has a fake while you have the real deal and is hurt that you were so blunt about it.

if she continues to tell people that the spy is real, she's going it get embarassed sooner or later.
i agree! i love damier. i plan on getting a speedy 30 in that line, someday...