The Virgin Diaries

wow that kiss...:wtf:. While I think it's no ones business to know if you're a virgin or not I'll probably watch a little of it because I find it interesting to learn why people wait to have sex. I just hope it's not all about people who waited for religious purposes or people that are so socially awkward that they've never had a relationship. I feel like that's been shown a millions times. I would like to see people who haven't had sex because they've haven't found the right person yet and the feelings they have about it. Without getting too personal, I'm 23 and have never had a boyfriend, have only kissed one guy once, and have never had sex. I know for me sometimes I think something's wrong with me. I also find as I get older it is becoming more embarrassing to tell doctors that I haven't had sex. Not that they judge me but they might ask me more questions about it to make sure I'm not just being shy (after all they do need to know if I'm sexually active so they can do any exams or tests that would be necessary).

As for that kiss, I don't know about everyone else but that kiss looked pretty bad and would really turn me off towards that person. But I guess if you love the person it doesn't matter. They have their whole lives to practice.

the commercial was so embarrassing!! i mean, even if you have never kissed... don't they watch tv or movies, or other people kissing? it looks like they have never seen what a normal kiss looks like. they took the concept of 'sucking face' to a whole other level... it was disturbing.

i will probably watch at least the first episode, since i am so curious why everyone is still a virgin (religion, social issues, whatever).

And I do give it to TLC, they are making reality shows about lifestyles I would never know much about (Sister wives, adult virgins, being Muslim in america). So I do find these shows interesting!!

I will say, I went to college in the South and did interact with some girls and guys who had been dating for over a year, engaged and planning on getting married, who had never even kissed for religious reasons. i am not sure what the reasoning was but it was part of their religion. Maybe that will be why that couple waited to kiss?

I can understand people wanting to wait till marriage to have sex, but to kiss? How can you even know you want to marry someone without having kissed them?:confused1:Some things just baffle my mind

I have a few friends who are waiting to get married to have sex, and one of them hasn't kissed anyone yet. I don't think that was his orinigal plan though. Once he got to a certain age he just decided that hey it hasn't happened yet, I might as well wait til "the one" comes along for that as well.

wow that kiss...:wtf:. While I think it's no ones business to know if you're a virgin or not I'll probably watch a little of it because I find it interesting to learn why people wait to have sex. I just hope it's not all about people who waited for religious purposes or people that are so socially awkward that they've never had a relationship. I feel like that's been shown a millions times. I would like to see people who haven't had sex because they've haven't found the right person yet and the feelings they have about it. Without getting too personal, I'm 23 and have never had a boyfriend, have only kissed one guy once, and have never had sex. I know for me sometimes I think something's wrong with me. I also find as I get older it is becoming more embarrassing to tell doctors that I haven't had sex. Not that they judge me but they might ask me more questions about it to make sure I'm not just being shy (after all they do need to know if I'm sexually active so they can do any exams or tests that would be necessary).
As for that kiss, I don't know about everyone else but that kiss looked pretty
bad and would really turn me off towards that person. But I guess if you love
the person it doesn't matter. They have their whole lives to practice.

I'm sure you don't need me to tell you this, but you do not need to feel like
something is wrong with you, or be embarrassed.

I also hope they all have different reasons as to why they are still virgins. It will be interesting to hear.

I just watched that clip on youtube, and then watched a spoof of it, and almost peed my pants :lolots: You guys need to go youtube some of the spoofs people made of the kissing scene!

I just watched the kiss for the first time too. Wow :wtf:

I think I'll watch the show just because I'm curious now. I do find the premise of the series interesting. I'm guessing (?) that the individuals have been abstinent due to religious reasons (never kissing someone is extreme in my book) but if that's the case then I'm surprised that they'd consent to have their sex lives (and other intimate relationship details) broadcast on a reality show.