The Speedy Gonzales Club!

Just got this sppedyb 25 in yesterday. I bought it on sale for 3️⃣5️⃣7️⃣ less than a new one. Was listed in excellent condition. The only thing I can see wrong with it is on the inside chap. Looks like someone may have accidentally dropped a small amount of some sort of liquid on it. I'm thinking I got an excellent deal and should probably keep it. Would the one imperfection be a deal breaker for you and worth the additional money for a new one? I already have this bag in the classic but have always wanted the bandoliere.

Also, I noticed on the LV website last night and today, they no longer have any classic versions of the speedy. If it is listed, it says unavailable. Are they doing away with the sppedy classic in all sizes?
The classic 35 was available online today

• Love
Reactions: Debbie65
Just got this sppedyb 25 in yesterday. I bought it on sale for 3️⃣5️⃣7️⃣ less than a new one. Was listed in excellent condition. The only thing I can see wrong with it is on the inside chap. Looks like someone may have accidentally dropped a small amount of some sort of liquid on it. I'm thinking I got an excellent deal and should probably keep it. Would the one imperfection be a deal breaker for you and worth the additional money for a new one? I already have this bag in the classic but have always wanted the bandoliere.

Also, I noticed on the LV website last night and today, they no longer have any classic versions of the speedy. If it is listed, it says unavailable. Are they doing away with the sppedy classic in all sizes?
Oh no! That little tiny teenie weenie drop is worth saving $357 IMO! Oh yes! Save where you can. As soon as the vachetta starts to patina more, that speck will blend right on in! That's actually a great place to have an "issue" as you yourself will probably not even notice it after awhile, and everyone else won't notice it at all! Lol. It's pretty hidden! It's BEAUTIFUL! :smile:

Oh wow, I didn't hear about the Classic being discontinued. I hope not. After all these DECADES of selling it, why remove it? It's a CLASSIC, just like the Chanel Double Flap (imo). You don't get rid of the Classic, LV!. I have it in the DE 25 and would like it also in the Azur and Mono 25. I'm not going to get caught up and be fomo though. Lol. Not today! Hahaha! I'm trying best to chill out even though I just bought a Noe Petit. I know, I keep dipping my big toe from Bag Ban Island into the water. Lol I'm a vachetta girl. I love me some vachetta! Hahaha!

Last edited:
Oh no! That little tiny teenie weenie drop is worth saving $357 IMO! Oh yes! Save where you can. As soon as the vachetta starts to patina more, that speck will blend right on in! That's actually a great place to have an "issue" as you yourself will probably not even notice it after awhile, and everone else wont notice it at all! Lol. It's pretty hidden! It's BEAUTIFUL! :smile:

Oh wow, I didn't hear about the Classic being discontinued. I hope not. After all these DECADES of selling it, why remove it? It's a CLASSIC, just like the Chanel Double Flap (imo). You don't get rid of the Classic, LV!. I have it in the DE 25 and would like it also in the Azur and Mono 25. I'm not going to get caught up and be fomo though. Lol. Not today! Hahaha! I'm trying best to chill out even though I just bought a Noe Petit. I know, I keep dipping my big toe from Bag Ban Island into the water. Lol I'm a vachetta girl. I love me some vachetta! Hahaha!
Thank you so much! I think you're right. It's in perfect condition other than the tiny drop stain so I'm most likely going to keep it.

I'm in the US and I looked on the website at the speedy 25 and the only classic that shows up is the Azure and it says unavailable. I hope they keep the classic, I really like all of them.

Thank you so much! I think you're right. It's in perfect condition other than the tiny drop stain so I'm most likely going to keep it.

I'm in the US and I looked on the website at the speedy 25 and the only classic that shows up is the Azure and it says unavailable. I hope they keep the classic, I really like all of them.

Yes I'm in the US too and after I replied to your post I went in LV to look for the Classic Mono 25 and didn't see it! Lol. I wouldn't mind getting mine pre loved if it's in beautiful condition to save some cash but if they discontinue the Classic that will raise the price up. Uugh. I just need to LEARN to be content with what I have. I'm obviously a SLOW learner. Lol

Reactions: lightwithin18
Yes I'm in the US too and after I replied to your post I went in LV to look for the Classic Mono 25 and didn't see it! Lol. I wouldn't mind getting mine pre loved if it's in beautiful condition to save some cash but if they discontinue the Classic that will raise the price up. Uugh. I just need to LEARN to be content with what I have. I'm obviously a SLOW learner. Lol
Lol! I'm in that need to learn to be content club too! There's just too many beautiful handbags....it's their fault! Lol!

I honestly wouldn't because you cant see it unless you look for it , it looks great otherwise!

Reactions: lightwithin18
Here’s my new to me vintage The French Company Made in USA Speedy 30. I wish I knew the exact year she was made. I’ve always wanted one for my collection and although the Speedy isn’t my favorite bag, she’s beautiful and I will use her out. The canvas is incredible compared to the canvas these days for me.

View attachment 5957068
There is no date code? Look under the interior pocket. Enjoy your new vintage bag! Mine is on the way! :smile: I'm excited!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240318_225347_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240318_225347_Chrome.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 13
Correct this French Company Made in USA bag has no date code. I’m certain it was made prior to 1980 though. I owned a modern Made in France Speedy from 2001 and you’re correct those bags have the date code under the pocket.
Oh wow....your Speedy is really from "Vintageville"! Lol. That's cool! My 2005 Speedy 25 arrived and it's a beauty! Imo she looks about 5 yrs old! Lol. Here she is all decked out, she's pretty spunky for her age. Lol. She's made in the USA as well. :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0423.jpg
    IMG_0423.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 31