THE ROW Handbag Line

I like the clean lines of the Doctor bag that one I could see buying. However that twin mini looks unappealing - something about that bag looks off to me.

We are agreed again GhstDreamer the Dr's bag is really very nice.

I just can't believe the prices though :girlwhack: Too many designers chasing this market.

I could go to Florence (Italy) stay in the best hotel in the city, do a little culture-vulture sightseeing, pop into any of the excellent hand-crafted leather wear shops to pick out a handbag of my dreams eat in some fancy restaurants and then return 1st class and it would still work out cheaper than a The Row's Twin Mini (which looks like it is only made from exotic scraps anyway).

Celebs - get a grip! Preferably on reality :sunnies

I could go to Florence (Italy) stay in the best hotel in the city, do a little culture-vulture sightseeing, pop into any of the excellent hand-crafted leather wear shops to pick out a handbag of my dreams eat in some fancy restaurants and then return 1st class and it would still work out cheaper than a The Row's Twin Mini (which looks like it is only made from exotic scraps anyway).

I think that's exactly why that Twin Mini bag looks strangely odd to me. It's like let's take a piece of leftover ostrich here and a piece of leftover croc/python there and smack it together and voila, here is a bag! :lol:

Are these bags made of real exotic leather? Could explain the price...croc, ostrich, etc bags are known to be very expensive even in non-designer brands. but regardless, the Row bags still seem to be on the ridiculously expensive side especially for a debut bag line of celebrities-turned-designers. In a way, part of justifying such an expense is the name and history of the brand which these bags have none of.

This is still way better priced than Victoria Beckham's $13K bag though!

Are these bags made of real exotic leather? Could explain the price...croc, ostrich, etc bags are known to be very expensive even in non-designer brands. but regardless, the Row bags still seem to be on the ridiculously expensive side especially for a debut bag line of celebrities-turned-designers. In a way, part of justifying such an expense is the name and history of the brand which these bags have none of.

This is still way better priced than Victoria Beckham's $13K bag though!

This is true - I can understand those prices if the skins are real exotics. Some of those bags clearly aren't, and they're pretty overpriced in that sense.

I don't think I've EVER seen a Victoria Beckham item where I thought "That's worth the price." :-s Her designs are nice and all but... jeeeeez.

from the CFDA Awards earlier this week -- the Classic Shoulder Bag

attachment.php

Attachments

• 115395131.jpg
    115395131.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 908
the bags are better than some established lines i've seen recently, but i couldnt bare to spend that much on a new handbag line by the row. however, i bet they will be flying off the shelves due to the fashion editors and those in the industry.

i have a thing against celebrity lines. i cant fathom it. i keep imaging michelle tanner with spaghetti in her face, conning me into buying those videos and now conning me into their other business. no thanks.

^I totally agree.

I did buy some Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen brand lip gloss from Walmart a few years ago and was quite satisfied, but that's as far as I'd go contributing to their mind boggling wealth.

I actually think they're better as designers than they were as actresses.
They were <2 yrs old when their parents had them audition for the role of Michelle Tanner -- designing has been THEIR decision and passion since they were old enough to make that decision. I've always loved their style and individualism. I think that Twin Mini is ingenious and am surprised that no one has thought to do something like that sooner

oh, ok.
I can appreciate your opinion...I see what you're saying.

Anyway, I'll prob. never agree but that's ok. :biggrin:

I like the clean lines of the Doctor bag that one I could see buying. However that twin mini looks unappealing - something about that bag looks off to me.

I don't normally enjoy doctor bags, but that one is FANTASTIC.
I L:heart:VE the Drs bag -- it's my favorite. I'm not sure, but it looks like the ends of the bag are suede. I wonder what it's lined with? (leather? suede?) -- too bad the price is so high, as this would definitely be a bag I would consider buying (maybe someday they'll show up on ebay for about 1/4 of their retail price!!:P)

Pretty sure this is the Day Luxe Bag w/o the longer shoulder strap
I kinda like how it looks when it's carried - it looks better than it does in the stock photos

ff7478bb.jpg

(from the MK/Ashley style thread)