The PS11 : the Box Bag by Proenza Schouler

I just got my hands on a PS11 Classic in Pepe. My first PS! Have been going to and fro between the classic and mini and finally decided that I will go for the classic for the slightly more space.. And I love it! I like the structured look and how the linosa makes me think that I won't have to baby this bag. :woot:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,707
Hello forum!!
I was just reading a couple of pages in this thread and OMG.... I'm just shaking my head... "High end" bags just don't seem to be what they used to be. Not only PS... just a lot of brands in general.. So sad :sad:

But in good news: I got my first PS!!! Woohoo :biggrin:
It's a PS11 mini in black Linosa.
And I got it HALF PRICE!!

It was a total unexpected purchase. I was just looking (who am I kidding...) when the PS11 caught my eye. It was initially 35% off but when she scanned it at the register it was 50% off!! SO happy I went to "just look", haha...
Even though the hardware is "so not me", it still draw my attention. I think it gives my minimal wardrobe that certain "kick"! ;)

After reading some posts I took a closer look at my bag (yeah I know... Like who the heck looks AFTER they've bought it and had it for over 2 weeks...). But it's actually fine.
And I love the Linosa. Just look wise I would go for the smooth leather... but it terrifies me!!! XD I just had a Celine trio and that bag scratched like crazy :sad: And since I use my bags like a normal person and don't "baby" them like crazy... I just need something really low maintenance :biggrin:
The Linosa is just perfect!
Yes... it is a bit sturdier than other bags, but I guess that just comes with the shape and the material. But this probably means the bag will last longer as well!! :smile:

Would I recommend a PS11? YES!! DEFINITELY! ;)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,659
Hello forum!!
I was just reading a couple of pages in this thread and OMG.... I'm just shaking my head... "High end" bags just don't seem to be what they used to be. Not only PS... just a lot of brands in general.. So sad :sad:

It was a total unexpected purchase. I was just looking (who am I kidding...) when the PS11 caught my eye. It was initially 35% off but when she scanned it at the register it was 50% off!! SO happy I went to "just look", haha...
Even though the hardware is "so not me", it still draw my attention. I think it gives my minimal wardrobe that certain "kick"! ;)

After reading some posts I took a closer look at my bag (yeah I know... Like who the heck looks AFTER they've bought it and had it for over 2 weeks...). But it's actually fine.
And I love the Linosa. Just look wise I would go for the smooth leather... but it terrifies me!!! XD I just had a Celine trio and that bag scratched like crazy :sad: And since I use my bags like a normal person and don't "baby" them like crazy... I just need something really low maintenance :biggrin:
Yes... it is a bit sturdier than other bags, but I guess that just comes with the shape and the material. But this probably means the bag will last longer as well!! :smile:

Would I recommend a PS11? YES! DEFINITELY! ;)

Congrats, she is beautiful!!! May i ask where you bought the bag from? What a good deal!!!:biggrin:

Hello forum!!

Would I recommend a PS11? YES!! DEFINITELY! ;)

Congratulations on your beautiful PS11 - love the linosa :cool:

I just got my hands on a PS11 Classic in Pepe. My first PS! Have been going to and fro between the classic and mini and finally decided that I will go for the classic for the slightly more space.. And I love it! I like the structured look and how the linosa makes me think that I won't have to baby this bag. :woot:

Stunning bag - congratulations! The Classic is a great choice :smile:

I also got this one in the same style and color. It's perfect, this linosa leather seems much more durable than the classic one.

Such a cool classic! :cool:

For what it's worth I've been carrying both size PS11s for several years and the original Classic size is the better bag in my opinion. And I've experienced absolutely zero problems with them even after having my Classics in particular on very high rotation. So I hope you're as happy with your PS11 as I've been with mine :smile:

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
I have now been wearing my PS11 classic for a couple of weeks and can only confirm what you wrote! :smile:

Since I loved reading other user's reviews, here is what I think:
I absolutely LOVE this bag and have not used any other from my collection since I got it. It is roomy enough for all my belongings, and so versatile!
I think it easily glams up every outfit.
Someone wrote that the strap could unsnap easily and unexpectedly, I found that it only happens when the opening of the clasp is looking towards the bag. When the strap is fixed so that the opening is on the outside, no problem.

The pocket on the back side of the PS11 is roomy enough for my Iphone 6, I really appreciate having it easily available without having to open the flap.

Since I currently wear a large wintercoat I extended the strap with my Louis Vuitton Key Ring, this works perfectly well. With a normal coat the strap length for me is perfectly fine (I measure 170cm)

I used the Collonil Carbon Spray to waterproof the leather, and this worked very well.

For anyone still considering wheather to buy it - I would say Go for it! :smile:

Hi everyone! I'm visiting Barcelona, Rome, and Amsterdam in April and was hoping to maybe bring home a PS11 mini! Does anyone know if I'd be able to find one in any of those cities and where? :smile: Does anyone also have the current euro pricing for it??

Thank you!!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I'm visiting Barcelona, Rome, and Amsterdam in April and was hoping to maybe bring home a PS11 mini! Does anyone know if I'd be able to find one in any of those cities and where? :smile: Does anyone also have the current euro pricing for it??

Thank you!!
There's an app (or homepage) called "the label finder".
I use it for most of my city trips and searches for certain brands.

The current Euro price for a PS11 depends on the material.
The classic leather €1300,-
Linosa €1400,- and any other special material like Python or such will be more than the two.

Good luck on finding a bag you'll love!!!

Thank you!!
I would suggest de Bijenkorf in Amsterdam, they have great stock in the PS11 mini. €1300 for classic leather and €1400 for the waxed leather. :smile: