The MIU MIU *BOW* SATCHEL problems & issues.

My one year old canella bow bag is also showing cracking, a rubbing off of the sheen on the corners, fraying of the threads on the handle, and the tails of the bows are curling. I did not baby the bag, but I didn't abuse it either (I avoided carrying in the rain, but I'm not going to keep it in a dustbag while I'm at work). Has anyone tried using a bag "spa" service (Artbag, Lovin My Bags, etc.) for this kind of leather?

I don't have pics but can back up most of the problems with the leather. I've had my small bow bag for about 2 years, it hasn't had heavy use but the leather is so tired and cracked, also around the seems the top layer has actually peeled right off. It's a shame because I LOVED it but that kind of leather just doesn't age well. Lesson learned!

Gorgeous colour!!!! Am thinking of recolouring mine too since the leather looks so tired and bleargh.

Congratulations on the fiery red!!!

Thks dear! I love the color, made my bag look energetic! Hee.

Yes, pls do it! I never regret it. I actually store the bag for quite a while cos of it's state & it's my everyday bag now!

Hi kungbapao, wat a cute name! I did mine in Singapore- Bag Aesthetic @ Singapore shopping Centre. My now bag is the large size & it costs $500. Not cheap but I reckon that I will use it more frequently it will be $well spent!

I have had my Mare coloured bow bag for over 2 years now but it didn't take long after I bought it that it started to turn yellow, the edges of the bow to curl, handles to crack and colour to fade. It looks more green than blue now. I have tried using Lovin my bags to restore the colour but to no avail. I thought of re-colouring it but the cost-benefit analysis was not worth it.

After looking at what happened to my miu miu bag, I am hesitant to buy another miu miu bag even though they have the loveliest colours! Prada saffiano bags on the other hand are really durable and pretty scratch resistant.