The mini Anjou: a mini travel bag?

Jul 11, 2009
Hello Goyards lovers,

I am ‘new’ to the world of Goyard, but since I’ve seen some cardholders and bags, I am starting to like this brand.

I know the St Louis is a very popular bag, but I already have a LV Neverfull, so an extra big tote is not necessary for me.

However, I have been eyeing on the Anjou mini. It looks gorgeous, and the fact that it is reversible (and in leather!) is also a big + to me.

But I do wonder: would it be practical to use as a little travelbag on the road ? I’ve seen already that it is comfortable on the shoulder. I know it is ‘mini’, but does it fit some travel essentials like: sunscreen, tiny bottle of water, phone, sunglasses, cardholder/mini wallet without being overstuffed?

As said, the St Louis is not really an option because it is actually too big and I’m kinda scared for quick wear & tear with that model.

Thanks in advance for the help 😊!

It will definitely fit the items you mentioned, but I don’t use mine as a travel bag.

I absolutely love it and would recommend it in general, but since it is quite small and shallow I personally worry about someone being able to easily reach in and snag something out of it. Of course it depends where you’re traveling and what you’re doing!

It will definitely fit the items you mentioned, but I don’t use mine as a travel bag.

I absolutely love it and would recommend it in general, but since it is quite small and shallow I personally worry about someone being able to easily reach in and snag something out of it. Of course it depends where you’re traveling and what you’re doing!
... also, things falling out while you're not paying attention (with kids, dogs, or just in general) - my sister is obsessed with St Louis, but her tote always seems to fall off her suitcase and the contents spill out on the floor...

A zipper top makes a huge difference when you're on the go, imo.

@NumeroCinque, have you considered a Belvedere or Cap-Vert?... depending on how "mini" your bottle of water is, ahaha.

Reactions: NumeroCinque
I do consider the Belvedere or Cap Vert. Both are also very beautiful.

I do notice that the cap vert is very populair with men, because of its simple design.

But I am a little hesitant on possible wear & tear of the closing of the Belvedere.

Decisions, decisions, … 😅

Hi, I am planning to buy the anjou mini and undecided about the colour. I like the black and tan, all black and the green. I know the tan/black and all black are classic colors that will go with everything. I would really love suggestions please.

Hi, I am planning to buy the anjou mini and undecided about the colour. I like the black and tan, all black and the green. I know the tan/black and all black are classic colors that will go with everything. I would really love suggestions please.
You will probably end up using the bag more in the summer - unless you live in an area with mild winters - because the handle drop probably won’t on your shoulder with a coat. So think about what color you would prefer with your spring/summer wardrobe.

I use my mini Anjou bag as a travel bag! It’s perfect honestly, it fits my cards, 2 lippies, powder, sanitizer, cough drops, pills case, sunglasses, scarf, passport, and a plastic water bottle!
I had no worries travelling all over Europe and Canada with the bag. I have a little zippered makeup bag that I put all the loose stuff inside, I use that as a purse organizer. I had zero issues with pickpockets as I always keep my mini on my shoulder (my arm fits it with a light goose down jacket on) or at the crook of my elbow close to my body. Plus I’m a hyper aware person in general around people. I’ve travelled to many places known for pickpockets and it hasn’t happened to me yet. 🤞🏻
I have the green & blue mini Anjou and love them! And a red St. Louis, I have a purse organizer/liner that’s zippered in this as well, I’ve never had it fallen over or off my luggage. But I hang the bag lipped around the handle.

Attachments

• IMG_6638.jpeg
    IMG_6638.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Reactions: c18027 and jayjay77
I wanted to share that I got an insert from Zoomoni specifically the size for the Mini Anjou and opted for the removable Velcro zipper in case I want to travel on a plane with it and put it under the seat. The removable zipper still leaves a very slight gap, but I feel it makes the contents much more secure. I like the bucket bag and easy access of not having the zipper on the majority of the time. IMG_8905.jpegIMG_8902.jpeg

I wanted to share that I got an insert from Zoomoni specifically the size for the Mini Anjou and opted for the removable Velcro zipper in case I want to travel on a plane with it and put it under the seat. The removable zipper still leaves a very slight gap, but I feel it makes the contents much more secure. I like the bucket bag and easy access of not having the zipper on the majority of the time. View attachment 5978615View attachment 5978616
Thank you for showing the pictures. I was wondering how the removable zipper looks like.

Reactions: Colettebear