Mansur Gavriel The MG BUCKET BAG Thread – post pics, ask questions, and chat about your buckets here

I received my mini mini (from Barneys) and there are a few scratches by the front drawstring holes. I'm assuming it was caused by someone tieing the strings. I'm 50/50 on whether I should keep or send back. What would you do? Is it a deal breaker?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,205
Reactions: Acctt
I received my mini mini (from Barneys) and there are a few scratches by the front drawstring holes. I'm assuming it was caused by someone tieing the strings. I'm 50/50 on whether I should keep or send back. What would you do? Is it a deal breaker?

I have a brandy mini lady - I get those scratches sometimes when I'm fixing the drawstring and I'm pretty sure it's from my pretty short nails. I got used to the leather not always being 'perfect'. I condition as needed with Chamberlain's #1 milk - it does wonders with scratches and imperfections!

Not sure if this is the right place to post but I bought a regular size cammello dolly bucket bag awhile ago but never used it cause it was too big for me. I was hoping to get a mini instead but need to sell this one first. Does anyone know where I can sell it aside from eBay or Depop (I have it on there but their fees are too high so I can't sell it for cheap) or know anyone who wants this color? I considered selling to the consignment stores in LA where I'm from, but not sure if I will get a really low price for it. I am selling it lower than the retail price but just don't want to lose too much money. I love to get rid of it soon cause it's just collecting dust right now. Please help! Thanks!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,210
Last edited:
Has anyone in the UK had any luck finding a bucket bag in any other black configuration other than the red interior? After seeing Charles Gross on YouTube with his gold interior one, I've been listing ever since. However, I can only see them available from the US and I don't feel inclined to shell out on the inevitable customs duty and import taxes that I'll be charged if I order this way.

I've been into Liberty a few times and they've taken my details in case they get any but I've never heard back. Net-a-porter only seem to stock the red and other outer colours. I haven't tried Dover St Market yet but I intend to when I've got more time on my hands.

Any help would be greatly appreciated [emoji5]

Anyone have experience with the raw interiors? I've read a lot of "I heard they shed" but not a lot of actual experience with them. I love the look of the brandy raw and am not a big fan of any of the interior colors being offered on the brandy. Any experiences would be helpful!

Anyone have experience with the raw interiors? I've read a lot of "I heard they shed" but not a lot of actual experience with them. I love the look of the brandy raw and am not a big fan of any of the interior colors being offered on the brandy. Any experiences would be helpful!
No experience with MG raw interiors, but have not liked them on other brands, as I find they do shed and attach to things in my bag. I have 3 brandy MG bags, with cleo and avion and like both. I had a brandy/brick which pretty much looks like brandy-perhaps you'd like that interior if you can find it and the coated is much cleaner as an interior.

I have the a Mini Bucket in the Tumbled Leather plus a Cuyana Long Tote. I've experienced very little shedding on my MG, but then again, I've only had it for two weeks. The Cuyana I've had for a few months now and its interior is *slightly* more coarse than MG's, and it does shed a little, but not to the point that's it's a terrible inconvenience. I shook it out when I swapped out my bags, and there were some particles, for lack of a better word, that came out, but nothing alarming or concerning.

No experience with MG raw interiors, but have not liked them on other brands, as I find they do shed and attach to things in my bag. I have 3 brandy MG bags, with cleo and avion and like both. I had a brandy/brick which pretty much looks like brandy-perhaps you'd like that interior if you can find it and the coated is much cleaner as an interior.
I think the solution may be to look for a brandy/brick. I'd hate to regret getting the unlined one and the brick interior is quite close to the raw, aesthetically.