The Last Straw: A Love Story (with pics, of course) *MORE PICS P. 22*

Gia heard herself explain somewhat incoherently that she had just arrived and was delayed herself by traffic, and so, what luck! There was no meeting. And... she became uncomfortably aware that she was babbling.

He, however, didn't bat an eyelash. He offered to walk with her to get some fresh air, seeing as how they both now had the afternoon free (and she looked like she could use a peaceful stroll).

He arranged for the receptionist to have both her bags and his sent to the hotel (she had forgot for a moment that the entire party had been booked into the Georges V), then led her out towards the Seine. Suddenly much recovered, Gia found herself strolling across the Pont des Arts with this man, whom we'll call Jean-Pierre. Because that's what Gia began to think of him as. He was a strange combination of charm and timidity, and the more he talked, the less she thought of him as The Client.

Fast forward:

This was where he brought her that first afternoon.

302.jpg

Reactions: Haute Couturess
It was on those very chairs that they sat, knee to knee, engrossed in conversation all afternoon, about ... well, just about everything. And I mean everything. It was as if under the soft glow of the pink Parisian sky, with the cooling breeze whispering through the trees above them, that the rest of the world no longer mattered. No longer existed. There was only Gia... and Jean-Pierre.

Who was, by the way, single.

And straight.

And solvent.

So, inquisitive now that she was no longer out of breath and no longer shy of this (okay, still stunningly attractive) man, Gia found herself daring to pose the most intimate questions. AND HE ANSWERED THEM. ALL. Hesitantly at first. But there was a rapport between them that neither of them could deny.

He was just so interesting to her. Raised and educated in three different countries, fluent on five languages, on the boards of two of his own corporations, he was a busy man.

And, as it turned out, also a count... or something like that. Gia was too dehydrated then to pay attention too closely, so they looked for a kiosk to get a couple of 'Coca's. Sipping them together in the shade of the trees, if not for their suits, they could have been young backpackers experiencing the romance of Paris for the first time. She loved how forthcoming and impulsive Jean-Pierre was. Gia was a sucker for men who had a little bit of the little boy in them.

And as the sun slowly disappeared, and the policemen came by to shoo all the lingering lovers out of the park for the night, they and their conversation moved on.

Wandering through the side streets of St Germain des Pres, not really looking at much else other than each other, Jean-Pierre dashed quickly into a shop and emerged with these:

20070530309.jpg

...which he presented to Gia.

Reactions: Haute Couturess
Oh NO!!! I was just about to turn my laptop OFF...
it's way past the bedtime... :sleepy:
but how can I NOW??? :nogood:

Love your writing skills Gina!!!

OK, what's next??? :nuts: