the itty bitty square on GP hardware . . . .

To the mods, please feel free to delete my posts if they in any way encourage any ill-intents by scammers.

I wanted to contribute to this thread and thought it'd be an interesting thread to share the little surprises of Hermes as a learning process.

Apologies if i offended anyone.

I think it's just like Chanel GHW - it's a mark from the goldsmith certifying that your hardware is 24 kt gold plate.

And would this thread help Super-Fakers? All they would know is that the mark should look like a cross between a horse head, water spout, and peeing dog.

It's more curiousa than critical authentication data.

But wouldn't it be fun to tie marks to goldsmiths?

Bumping - Can anybody help me with this issue please? I have a mini (PM) vintage Kelly Sport, with the letters GB over MM in the hallmark-square, but no image (horse or any) in it. Moreover it has NO datestamp at all! ( - so I cannot tell the age, but I guess it's from the 80s / early 90s?)
Otherwise everything about it feels thoroughly authentic, so I never questioned anything until I took close-up pics the other day. I bought it pre-owned from a reputable seller quite some while ago.
Is it okay if I post more pics, or against the rules? (as I might be selling it in the near future)
TIA!!!

Bumping - Can anybody help me with this issue please? I have a mini (PM) vintage Kelly Sport, with the letters GB over MM in the hallmark-square, but no image (horse or any) in it. Moreover it has NO datestamp at all! ( - so I cannot tell the age, but I guess it's from the 80s / early 90s?)
Otherwise everything about it feels thoroughly authentic, so I never questioned anything until I took close-up pics the other day. I bought it pre-owned from a reputable seller quite some while ago.
Is it okay if I post more pics, or against the rules? (as I might be selling it in the near future)
TIA!!!
Did you ever find a answer to your question

Did you ever found the answer to your qurstion?
I know it had been years ago but I just found that my Mom’s Hermès has the same hallmark .
I had it in my closet for the last 25 years .

This is the what the SA at the Hermes in Takashimaya (Yokohama) told us about the stamping on mine...mine has the letter S on top left of the square and L on the top right so the S is the 19th letter of alphabet and the L is the 12th so you add the two numbers and that equals 31. Which means that bag was made in " 3rd season of 2001" (indicated by the accompanying E in the square on the leather strap. So I asked him "third season?" And he replied " hai hai, March" I was like, " third season or third month?" And he happily replied "hai hai yes yes" and I was like and the symbols refer to the region or country it will be sent to for sale in the Hermes boutiques so the tiny symbol will differ but still have the other the same, there are three tininie tiny symbols. Between My Japanese and his English we did the best we could LOL...Hope that helps.

Edited: PT

Last edited by a moderator: