The High Jewelry Thread

sosauce

Jan 27, 2021
In my state, there’s only one Tiffany & Co. store. Sadly (or perhaps fortunately) there are no other designer jewelry brands near me, e.g. Cartier, Bulgari, Van Cleef, Chopard, Boucheron, Harry Winston, Piaget, Graff, Chaumet...

Anyways, throughout the years, I’ve built a wonderful relationship with my SA at Tiffany, and she frequently sends me pictures of the most sublime high jewelry pieces. These are one-of-a-kind pieces that you wouldn’t even know about, because they aren’t advertised to the general public. It’s such a different and unknown world from the readily accessible RTT bracelets that Tiffany has become synonymous with. Even if the Tiffany brand may have become “diluted,” the sheer amount of immaculately crafted jewelry that Tiffany continues to produce is astounding. It’s still part of the Big Three jewelry brands.

I buy way too much stuff from Tiffany. But even though I tell my SA I’ll never be able to afford their high jewelry, I always appreciate that she shares these photos with me to dream about. And I’m always very enthusiastic about looking at the pieces with her, even if it’s through a computer screen.

Am I the type of client who can afford high jewelry? Absolutely not. But I created this thread to be a space for us to share pictures of unique, breathtaking jewelry. I wanted to share the privilege I feel from getting an aspirational glance at such exquisite pieces of jewelry.

If you have high jewelry photos from other designers that you find yourself drooling over, please share them with us! I’m sure I’m not the only one who would never tire of seeing rare, well crafted pieces.

995D2E53-1C1B-4777-ACAF-044F80F0AD9D.jpeg
Tsavorite bird earrings

E60B842B-AEED-4D73-B57A-AC7D979C9D96.jpeg
Enamel butterfly brooch

49D4535F-81F8-4000-850B-DE200F6083A1.jpeg
Yellow sapphire, yellow diamond, and South Sea pearl dragon brooch

18181289-764E-4FDF-BA4C-E9B4CAF5D2FB.jpeg
Green tourmaline hydrangea bracelet

9C4327ED-8EDA-4B9C-8E16-F6235CC59E56.jpeg
Yellow diamond, sapphire, emerald, and spinel bird brooch

E549A7E0-1CB6-43FC-8119-1AAB2C37F6B5.jpeg
Tanzanite and sapphire hydrangea earrings

FD9AAF27-EDE8-4B2E-9CE0-9B931990E66D.jpeg
Tanzanite and cuprian elbaite (paraiba) tourmaline peacock pendant

D48CB937-F914-4B74-A9FB-7F73FDEBA369.jpeg
Aquamarine and green tourmaline kaleidoscope earrings

22970B20-183B-45FD-A51B-D09D30B62976.jpeg
Yellow sapphire, amythyst, and pink sapphire Schlumberger unicorn brooch

Last edited:
The Boodles Greenfire set. @sosauce I love emeralds! Unfortunately I have no idea if these are treated or untreated. When this was created, a documentary was done on the jewellery firm and the creation of these pieces -it was fascinating.

I also love their songbird and waterfall necklace. I think these are tsavorites.

Someone above attached stunning pictures of peacock inspired pieces. That reminded me of the Boodles opal peacock feather pieces.

Attachments

• IMG_2263.JPG
    IMG_2263.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2264.JPG
    IMG_2264.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2266.JPG
    IMG_2266.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 34
Amazing idea for a thread. I'm not sure if it counts as high jewellery, but I'm in love wth this
Gorgeous! Is this Bulgari? I thought I saw something like this in the flagship window weeks ago, but maybe in Sapphire cabouchon. . .

Here is my contribution. I’ll never own it; I couldn’t wear it; it’s too much bracelet and way too much money; but, I love it. It also comes in blue chalcedony, but the one at the Verdura Belperron salon is this one in a tiny size
And more historic blue chalcedony parure

Last edited:
Gorgeous! Is this Bulgari? I thought I saw something like this in the flagship window weeks ago, but maybe in Sapphire cabouchon. . .

Sorry, I should have said - it is Verdura. I believe Babe Paley purchased some Colombian emeralds whilst her husband was on business in South America. She brought these back to Verdura and asked that they make something with the emeralds, excluding any diamonds, so it was suitable for daytime.

Sorry, I should have said - it is Verdura. I believe Babe Paley purchased some Colombian emeralds whilst her husband was on business in South America. She brought these back to Verdura and asked that they make something with the emeralds, excluding any diamonds, so it was suitable for daytime.
Thank you! Im imagining someone with such a glamorous life that these beauties could be worn during the day. :biggrin:

Reactions: Bagatha Christie