The extra large Birkin, can anyone help please

This is a HAC and I think it's a 45CM. I thought H travel bags were so heavy they were for private jets and the rich with an entourage of lackeys.

Pam's is a HAC...As lovely as they are they are very very heavy empty. I have a 50cm and it's like 7-8lbs empty. If you love larger bags I've found a 40cm Birkin is much lighter still roomy enough to get tons in and is way more day-to-day user friendly.

Pam's is a HAC...As lovely as they are they are very very heavy empty. I have a 50cm and it's like 7-8lbs empty. If you love larger bags I've found a 40cm Birkin is much lighter still roomy enough to get tons in and is way more day-to-day user friendly.
Thanks I am rapidly going off the 50cms I find my LV Griet even too heavy so I think it was probbably a crazy notion.
I haven't seen pics but someone told me that katie Holmes has a large one is that a 50 does anyone know?

I love Pamela anderson's bag too, I always thought I wanted a 35 in boxcalf but now i'm not so sure. In my head I see myself looking very glam at the airport-but in reality I don't travel very often. I presume it would be a waste to have it and only use it a couple of times a year. I love big bags but I don't know if this would be just too big for me :sad: I'd love to see pics of anyone with your larger size 40cm+ to get an idea on practicality etc. :smile:

I have the 50cm birkin W/toile lining and it weighs either 4.5 or 5.4 (can't remember) lbs. But it weights less than the HAC 50 because of the toile. It is fantastic for the car, and since we drive a lot on weekends it is the most used bag I own I guess, but I doubt I will ever fly with it again because is so heavy packed and I protect it like a...well...birkin. It's a chore on top of traveling (which is a chore). Packed with a laptop, jewelry, stuff you want to carry with you, it gets so heavy real quick. Inching through security (like Pam) I wanted to shove the bag along with my foot, but ended up bending over like twenty or so times.:biguns: ugh..will..not..scuff..leather. Overhead compartments nightmare (could rip Leather, must use sleeper). I don't know how the HAC fits into overheads, but I had to contort my flexi birkin in first class so that is something to think about. :thinking:The airlines have no problem these days bumping luggage down to check in status. Sorry, I don't mean to be a downer, but really think about it and maybe take a test run with a XL longchamp or something packed to 20lb and see if it works for you. I really love my bag :heart: in the car

Attachments

• birkin 50 full.jpg
    birkin 50 full.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 62
  • birkin 50 flat.jpg
    birkin 50 flat.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 61