The DH speaks about Las Vegas and SCP - Note CB is supervising this post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr CB- You are so sweet! I wish my DH is such an enabler. Though to be fair, he doesn't bat an eyelash anymore when he sees me coming home with another orange box. He just does not want to be there at the boutique to witness the moments when I start whipping out the credit card.

CB - You should really get the kelly. I know the first "step" is always the hardest but I always believe in not letting an opportunity (esp a H-bag buying opportunity) pass me by... You never know when they will come again and prices don't come down on these things, they just go up and up, like clockwork... Good luck with your decision! And congratulations on your new scarves!

CB's DH, you sound like a great guy..............can you come talk to my DH about encouraging me to buy bags :lol: You can bill me by the hour b/c I think it'll be awhile before he starts doing that. LOL

CB, listen to DH. Buy the bags you fall in love with. :yes:

Even if the jige is wonderful, the kelly is a forever and always bag you could carry just about any time. CB, you are WORTHY of the kelly. Believe.

CB, shopmom is a very wise lady indeed....you should listen to her :smile:

of all of the women on this lovely subforum, i can think of NO ONE (myself included....sigh) who deserves, would love, and would truly appreciate that kelly more than you. i think it is so sweet of you to try to be responsible, but you know what? sometimes, you deserve something really special and extraordinary....and i truly think that, because you're so deserving of it, the finances would work themselves out. life has a funny way of doing that sometimes.

Well, well, well.

H First of all those three scarves you bought come to almost $1K which could have gone toward the bag you've been lusting about for over a year.

Second, anytime a husband or Significant Other offers to buy you a $6K bag, you do NOT hesitate.

Third, you deserve it and you know why.

So well said (as usual).

Return the scarves (if it makes you feel better) and get the Kelly. It's what you've really been wanting. The Jige can be found again.

(also, with all good intentions: I think you need to demonstrate that you expect to be treated well;))

Jiges are gorgeous, hands down but NOT an everyday bag.
A BJ Kelly could easily be an every day bag and if you take $5800 and divide it by 365 days, it would cost about $16 a day to sport that fabulous bag even if you only owned it for 1 short year. Return the scarfs and grab the darn Kelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone!!! I appreciate all your thoughts on the subject. You know, I love the Kelly...it's gorgeous, it's an icon. But sometimes when I try it on I just have this little doubt in the back of my mind that it's "me", kwim? Right now the Jige is so much more what I "need" in my collection and imo just as gorgeous. :tup:

Anyway, I love the scarves. :heart::heart::heart: I dunno I just don't feel that "I need a bag" urge right now. It was actually easy to say no and I didn't feel the least bit sad leaving without the bag. So I'm thinking that must mean I'm pretty happy with my current collection. :smile:

That sounds crazy, huh? LOL ;)

Thanks everyone!!! I appreciate all your thoughts on the subject. You know, I love the Kelly...it's gorgeous, it's an icon. But sometimes when I try it on I just have this little doubt in the back of my mind that it's "me", kwim? Right now the Jige is so much more what I "need" in my collection and imo just as gorgeous. :tup:

Anyway, I love the scarves. :heart::heart::heart: I dunno I just don't feel that "I need a bag" urge right now. It was actually easy to say no and I didn't feel the least bit sad leaving without the bag. So I'm thinking that must mean I'm pretty happy with my current collection. :smile:

That sounds crazy, huh? LOL ;)

To me, yes. But, if you're happy, that's the point! Enjoy your purchases!

Jiges are gorgeous, hands down but NOT an everyday bag.
A BJ Kelly could easily be an every day bag and if you take $5800 and divide it by 365 days, it would cost about $16 a day to sport that fabulous bag even if you only owned it for 1 short year. Return the scarfs and grab the darn Kelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Birkinomics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.