The "Coachie" above me!

Farmerswife, I want to tell you congratulations on your weight loss! Good for you! Keep up the good work! Are you rewarding yourself with Coach as you make progress??? :graucho: Regardless, you should be proud of yourself!

Oh! GREAT question! I love Japanese culture. I am really into kendo/ iaido and aikido and anime. While exploring things about Japanese culture a while back, I saw this cute little racoon-looking creature called a tanuki. They are said to be a bit mischevious. Ki means spirit. So I combined them to mean spirit of a tanuki. So tanukiki.

So why PiratesBooty? And everyone else???

Entheos (greek) "enthus"iasm spirited from within . . . my husband is an Aikido (I am partial, it is a beautiful & fascinating art), shinkendo, jujitsu instructor . . . I can relate! Enjoy!

Superstar- If you were given the chance to design a bag for Coach, what would it look like?
You are such a great advice giver!

awww... thanks. Glad to know that I give good advice.

I've always thought about this question. I always say I would like to design my own bag.
Well it would have to be purple :love: and it would have to be signature, I am a signature girl. And I am such a fan of hobos so it would also have to be a shoulder bag with enough space for all of my stuff. Wallet, sunglasses, makeup case, keys and cell phone.

Entheos (greek) "enthus"iasm spirited from within . . . my husband is an Aikido (I am partial, it is a beautiful & fascinating art), shinkendo, jujitsu instructor . . . I can relate! Enjoy!

Entheos, that's a great name for you! You are also always so helpful! :flowers: And we have a common love, Ali and Ali petit!

Candace117 where did you meet your husband?

THE STORY OF HOW DH AND I MET
By Candace117

http://www.peopleweddings.org/2007/06/an_officer_a_ge.html Pardon the blurry and unflattering photo, but there's a little visual for everyone on the day we got engaged :smile:

In July 2003, I enlisted into the Army National Guard. I was going to start my third year at Oregon State as a philosophy student and so I delayed basic training until the following summer so I wouldn't have to miss school. Later that year, actually on into spring of 2004, one of my friends and I were chatting online when he told me he realy wanted me to meet one of his friends. "Really?" Said I. "Well, hook a sista up!" He said that there was just one problem with this: his friend was currently in Iraq and would be there for a year.

Given that I had just enlisted in the Army the summer before and was preparing myself to go to basic training in June, I thought it would be a great idea to send him a letter or something and show my support, because I would want that for myself.
So I write him an email telling him about myself and trying to keep it lighthearted so he would have something fun to read. He got the email on April 1. AKA April Fools' Day. As soon as I mentioned his friend, he immediately suspected that Luke was playing a trick on him and was actually writing under the guise of being 'an amazing girl, perfect for me', as he tells people. Luckily, he decided to take the bait and wrote back. We kept writing and he realized after a few times that there was no way in heck Luke would be doing this because he woulda blown the joke as soon as Jason responded the first time.

So we became great friends very fast, because we are such good communicators. Jason was a crewmember in field artillery - multiple launch rocket systems (the big boys) and their missions kept them on the road a LOT. But he always found a way to the internet to write me back. Nothing serious, but I realized something was going on when I'd be hanging out with another guy and found myself wishing that that guy was Jason. Hrm.....

So I talk to one of my friends about this unique situation. Keep in mind that Jason and I had only written each other and sent pictures...by that time I had sent him packages and such...so we hadn't seen each other in person before. My friend reminded me that life is too short and that Jason didn't have the luxury of time on his hands over there, and I should be upfront in case something happened. So I wrote him this huge letter and was hyperventilating, but felt much better once I sent it off.

LUCKILY, his response was freaking adorable and returned all of my emotions. So the ball was in my court and I decided to wait for him to get back to Germany, where he was stationed, and I would go see him then. I would wait for him, and not see other people. You see, by this time, I was already falling in love with him. He is so noble that he would have never asked me to wait, even if he secretly wanted me to, because he didn't want to hold me back from having a normal college life. I told him that I threw normal out the window a long time ago, let alone when I enlisted into the military partway through college.

I go to basic training with one of his dogtags and a claddagh ring on my left hand I bought and had sent from Ireland. I write him many letters, and he wrote me an astounding amount given that it only lasted nine weeks and he was even busier than I was.

FINALLY next March rolled around, 2005, and he lands in Germany. I go visit for three weeks, my professors from both winter and spring term are generous and let me make up finals and miss their classes. Of course when I get there it is perfect. He is waiting there with a rose and a big smile. Those three weeks basically sealed the deal. It was great unwinding with his friends and the party scene was crazy given they had all just gotten back from war less than a WEEK ago and were on leave for a month :smile: A lot of people asked us how long we had been married, they were fooled by how in love we looked. It was really neat. :smile:

I sadly fly home and commence spring term, which dragged by so slowly. Jason was ETSing in May (the end of the month) and coming home for good, so at least we had something to look forward to. His plan was already to join my Guard unit in my MOS because he wanted to stay in the Army but also start college in his hometown.

June 5. I haven't met any of his family yet because he wants to introduce me for the first time, so I dutifully stay away from the huge crowd at the airport, even though I can feel them staring at me. Jason deplanes and comes out to a huge standing ovation from the 30 family members and 50 random strangers there waiting. The crowd starts to dissipate, and Jason pulls me forward and drops to one knee. He tells me of his love for me and asks me to marry him. Yes, Yes! I say, and another standing ovation is given. Many many photos were taken and a video, in which you can see all the excited little ladies running around to get a better view of what was going on. We leave the airport and there is a limo waiting for us to go home in. It was an amazing day in every sense of the word.

Fast forward to June 23rd of this year, and we got married!:love:
If you made it through reading this, thanks! haha...I just like telling stories sometimes :girlsigh: