The Busting Hermes Photo Thieves Thread

CobaltBlu

Butterfly Wrangler
O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
I believe we have another stolen photo auction, I will post details when I hear from Sandia.....

I have sent sandia a message, but in the meantime, here again are the instructions on how to bust these photo theives....

Maybe we can post other photo thieves here, so members can bust em???

When reporting stolen photos if you are NOT the original seller, do NOT use the stolen photo reporting option. You will get the standard bla bla from ebay saying they cant do anything until the original listor contacts them.

To report stolen photos, use option 3 in my post on reporting 3 ways (click below). I have repeated this at the end of this post as well.

Option 3 is a generic fraudulent listing form, :yahoo:
covering all manner of evils, and which does have a box where you can type a message. Because it is not the "stolen photos" form, you will not generate thiis standard response.

When I report stolen photos, I start out this way:

STOLEN PHOTOS!!!! THIS SELLER IS FRAUDULENTLY USING ANOTHER EBAY USERS PHOTO IN AN ATTEMPT TO DEFRAUD BUYERS!! Please do not be complicit in this fraud!! No doubt this seller is going to either pass off a fake chinese _________, or the buyer will ge an empty box!!!

Please see THIS listing for the original photos of a bag that was SOLD on ebay. You collected fees for this sale. DO NOT be complicit in another user defrauding a buyer and stealing copyrighted material from another reputable ebay user.

Then I give all the numbers, the new listing, the old, etc....

I ALWAYS end by thanking them for their hard work.

Make a note of the original listing, because eventuallly it will drop off the search. We just had it happen on another subforum, when a seller tried TWICE to steal another listors photos, by the time they tried it the second time, the original listing (the good one) could not be found. Luckily one of our members had made a note of it in her post, so we could get the SECOND fraudulent listing pulled as well.

Here is the part of that post that addresses option 3

Scenario 3: Report as fraud
Step 1: Select "Fraudulent listings"
Step 2: Select "You suspect that a listing is fraudulent but you didn't bid"
Step 3: This box contains a message telling you to click on "Continue".
Click on Continue
When the next page appears, click on "Email us".
When the next page appears, you will see a box with the item number already input and a box titled ""Enter your question/concern". Write your reasons for believing that the article is fraudulent. ... I include the facts and language stating that the article is a fake, the seller is a fraudster and that eBay is complicit by allowing the seller to continue to list items.

____

I have to credit a member from another forum for this great information, but I am happy to share it and we are seeing results. YAY

please, WATERMARK YOUR PHOTOS~!!!!!

Here is another post on this, we have busted this guy, twice, but I do want to put it here for the record. Since some of the auctions disappear in time, I think its a good idea to have an archive so when we report to ebay, if there is a history we can have more evidence....as in this case below...

3817_1.JPG

THEY ARE BACK. :hysteric:

Hottest Fashions is now Luxurious Fashions, stealing Sandias photos AGAIN!!! :mad:

Please help me :bagslap: them again. I have reported them, but it would help if others did too.

See Post 424 on page 29. Sandias original listing is gone, but Katel posted the numbers (YAY) so we can still refer to them when contacting Ebay.

Here is that post: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-s...resale-ebay-sellers-42494-29.html#post3407144

ACK!!

Here is the listing from EVIL LUXURIOUS FASHIONS

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hermes-35cm-Bla...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here are the numbers to help in the reporting.

Sandias original listing --- 300111011304
Hottest fashions Listing --- 170133081560 (pulled by ebay)
Luxurious Fashions Listing ---110153974081

I am getting a little confused with all the quotes and various links (what can I say, I'm blonde, LOL)
Can you give me the actual current auction numbers for the stolen photos guy?

Here is the CURRENT stolen photos auction. Sandia emailed me this AM and said it was indeed one of her completed auctions, but from over 90 days ago. So she has to find the number. But this seller definitely stole from her....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Herme...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here is the auction number in case they try it again, we will have a record of this occurence as well
I have attached the photo too....

SandiaExchange also said she will be personalizing (I presume watermarking) her photos from now on.

Attachments

• gold stolen birkin.jpg
    gold stolen birkin.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 90
I read "Busting Hermes" as "Busty Hermes" (I must be in overload this afternoon) and wondered whether it was about Barenia again...

Thank you CobaltBlu. I agree with HK. This is a great idea.

I am getting a little confused with all the quotes and various links (what can I say, I'm blonde, LOL)
Can you give me the actual current auction numbers for the stolen photos guy?

Hi Cyn!! My post number 2 in this thread is just to have a record. That seller, hottest fashions, stole sandias pics--fortunately during the time when her auction was still showing in the completed listings. We got hottest fashions' auction pulled. THEN, a few days later, he came back as luxurious fashions and did the same thing. At that point, sandias auction had dropped out of the completed listings. Luckily Katel had included the number.

So, armed with sandias original auction number, AND hottest fashions first auction number, we were able to bust luxurious fashions in a hot second!!!

It was this incident that got me thinking that perhaps if we had a thread keeping track of these things, we could really bust them quickly!

Sandias auctions are particularly at risk, and she has taken steps to change this...but in the meantime, obviously there are plenty of photos left to steal until the changeover to watermarked is complete. and she is not the only victim.

In this thread we can keep track of these things. Item numbers and an attachment of the photo (not just a link) will really help!!!