Travel The Best and Worst Airlines ??

I like Air Tran the best ~ They have really reasonable fares for where I typically fly and at least they give you an assigned seat. For the same price and better times than Southwest, I would pick Air tran any day. You can also take your dog with you on the plane with Air Tran which you can't with Southwest.

~Ashley
www.pursesaremypassion.com

Pradasmeadow said:
My favourite Airline is British Airways they have the best snacks, large comfy seats. A big selection of movies, lots of leg room, and a smooth checking in service.
:love:
BF says British Airways treat their customers great! I have yet to fly with them but am looking forward to that when the time comes! :love:

In all my travels I have to say I will never -l will never fly Southwest Airlines again..They usually delay flights/cancel them. For instance last year I was trying to get home to Chicago, had an 11am flight, the in-laws had a 9am flight...(from Kansas City ,Missouri, due to a family wake and funeral)Both were cancelled...SW didn't want to fly 2 half full planes...So they combined the 2 flights, and the family ended up leaving on 1 flight around 1:30pm for a flight that lasted about an hour.....(SW sucks)

American Airlines business or first class is definitely a must for overseas flights! Great service, comfortable reclining chairs, the works!!!! Worst would be Southwest! We call it the cattle-car airlines! Uuuuugh!

OMG hahahha if I actually tell my whole stories (yes, there's multiple stories with multiple different airlines), I'd fill up a whole page easily! Don't even get me started... But anyways, to sum up:

Northwest: Flew them both domestically and internationally, and haven't had any problems with them at all -- decent food, decent pricing, even had silver frequent flyer with them 2 years in a row once and got multiple free upgrades to first class on domestic flights. Though these all were from 2-3 years ago before their bancruptcy, now they don't even seem to offer free meals anymore to economy pricing. We'll see.

American Airlines: never had any good experience with them :sad:(( Extreme delays, lost my reservation (made me miss my flight and my connecting flight since they cant find my name on the system inside -- but my name was on the system outside, the ones before the security areas), lost my luggage...

Southwest: HAHAHAHA what can I say, I was soooo confused that they don't have assigned seats, but that was the least of their problems! I was flying in the evening from PHL to SFO and there were EXTREME delays, and in the end I ended up catching the flight from PHL to Oakland instead! And arrived 3 hours later than schedule (3am instead of midnight). My poor bf got sooooo confused trying to pick me up at the airport!

Air France: thought everything was good, until I arrived to my transit at CDG paris and found out that my connecting flight to PHL has been cancelled. Ended up stranded in CDG for 12-15 hours (forgot exactly how long, but after 10 hours of no real food at the airport, everything seems blurry), and was put into a flight to Washington, DC instead! Uhhhhh...

United: flewn with them a couple times, cheap last minute rate from SFO to LAX, ok service, no problems so far.

Let's see what else... I can't remember other airlines I flew with, so I guess that's it for now

Oooooh ... I travel A LOT for business, but as I fly either Business or First, generally speaking ... it's pretty good all around.

Air France & British Airways are my favorites ... especially on the 747's or 777's where I'm on the "2nd" floor (there's one particular seat which is at the back-end of the cabin and faces backwards so that you're actually looking towards the back of the plane). It's my favorite seat because there's no one "in front" of you, you have a lot of extra room and typically have little "cabins" at the side where you can store your purse, books/magazines, etc. Now, add a glass of champagne for take-off ... and you're all SET!!!

B/A also has the sleeper seats, but ... being that I'm so tall, I'm never able to stretch all the way out (besides, I'm one of those folks who NEVER seems to be able to sleep on the plane - drat!).

Air France is wonderful in providing Wine and Champagne (although I once tried to get Champagne with my meal and was told "no - that's NOT when you are supposed to have it ... it's either an aperitif or a digestif!!!). Oh well ...

I can't say that I'm very fond of most of the US Airlines ... I find their seats to be extremely uncomfortable, the food is abysmal and the service is fair (unless you're a male business traveller ... they seem to get much better service!).

The worse ... Aeroflot and Sabena (which we dubbed "Such-A-Bad-Experience-Never-Again"!!!).

Oh yeah - some others: American used to be "Agony Airlines" and US Air used to be "US Scare"!

Oooooohhh I just remembered one more:

China airlines: ........ Bad service, bad food, avoid at all cost! If you must fly, try Eva air instead, they're sooo much better.

SwankyMamaof3 said:
No, it's first come, first serve.
When you check in you get a #'d boarding pass, they call the groups by sections of #s, you gotta check in early to be one of the first on the plane!

I found out something interesting last time I flew Southwest. You can check in on the computer earlier in the day and print your boarding pass - that way you are usually in the first group to board. You still have to get there and get in line with the others in the "A" group so there may be some ahead of you. You con't have to get there anywhere near as earky this way. I don't fly often and Southwest makes sense for me price wise since most of my trips are short hops. Of course it is nice when we travel as a family as people flying with children board first (even before the "A" group).

AMAZING =
- Qantas (always great service, with personal tv's, on demand games, movies etc)
- Virgin Atlantic (for the same reasons as above).

HORRIBLE:

United - There was FOAM coming out of the walls!!! No personal TV, Headset didn't work.

I'll second Emirates as the best airline. They are WONDERFUL, the food is seriously amazing and they are always, always coming around with different snacks throughout the flight. Inflight entertainment is also great with a wide variety of options to pick from.

For worst, Delta has my vote. Their first class doesn't even come close to travelling economy class on Emirates.