The Adventurous Tulum Club!

Thanks LVpug. My Tulum was pre-owned by a lovely lady I know and she bought it, kept it in the dustbag and barely used it so it still looks brand new. Her date code reads the 34th week (mid-August) 2007 but the previous owner only purchased her before Christmas last year, so she's hardly seen the light of day. That's about to change now! ;)
great find...how much did you pay for it??? It looks totally brandnew....that is awesome..you are going to love this bag...I think it just went up in price due to the increase...do you have the galleria as well? the tulum is so different with the zip, turn lock and pocket...great size for everyday...love this hobo....MJ did a great job designing this bag...HOT

great find...how much did you pay for it??? It looks totally brandnew....that is awesome..you are going to love this bag...I think it just went up in price due to the increase...do you have the galleria as well? the tulum is so different with the zip, turn lock and pocket...great size for everyday...love this hobo....MJ did a great job designing this bag...HOT

Nowhere near retail. :graucho: Put it this way... I paid a fraction less for it than I did my brand new Vernis Pochette Wallet. You do the math. :P In any language it translates to an incredibly good deal! :yes:

Nowhere near retail. :graucho: Put it this way... I paid a fraction less for it than I did my brand new Vernis Pochette Wallet. You do the math. :P In any language it translates to an incredibly good deal! :yes:

Ohhh did you luck out or what!! It now retails for over $1300.00...that lady really took a loss on that bag and it is in mint/brandnew con'd....awesome...finds like that are amazing...enjoy your new treasure...LOVE the tulum pm

Ohhh did you luck out or what!! It now retails for over $1300.00...that lady really took a loss on that bag and it is in mint/brandnew con'd....awesome...finds like that are amazing...enjoy your new treasure...LOVE the tulum pm

Thankfully for me the previous owner's not someone with money issues and was 'clearing her closet' to make room for new additions. My luck was in when she mentioned the Tulum PM was one of the pieces she never really put to good use and when I mentioned I was interested in taking it off her hands she was more than happy to hand her beautiful bag over at a ridiculously low price. I was very lucky indeed! :yes:

Front and side view of the Tulum PM for reference. I'm 5'1.5 and 45kgs/100lbs.

modeltulum2.jpg

modeltulum1.jpg

Front and side view of the Tulum PM for reference. I'm 5'1.5 and 45kgs/100lbs.

modeltulum2.jpg

modeltulum1.jpg
It looks amazing on you...you must be so tiny...you actually make the bag look bigger than it is....the tulum pm is 11.8x9.1x4.3 and it retails for $1340 USD on eluxury...I have to take pics of my new stuff so I will take and updated modelling pic of my tulum for this thread...my old one is on here closer to the begining...Congrats and what a super duper great deal...it is an awesome hobo..perfect everyday size....sometimes I wear it on the opposite side to be more subtle and not show the hardware...it looks great worn either way:tup::tup::drool:

It looks amazing on you...you must be so tiny...you actually make the bag look bigger than it is....the tulum pm is 11.8x9.1x4.3 and it retails for $1340 USD on eluxury...I have to take pics of my new stuff so I will take and updated modelling pic of my tulum for this thread...my old one is on here closer to the begining...Congrats and what a super duper great deal...it is an awesome hobo..perfect everyday size....sometimes I wear it on the opposite side to be more subtle and not show the hardware...it looks great worn either way:tup::tup::drool:

Thanks LVpug. Everyone calls me Teen because I'm teeny. :P I'm not quite 5'2, weigh 45kgs/100lbs and am a size AU6/US0. Always have been small but I just measured the bag and your measurements match so I guess the position I took the photos and my own size make it looks so much bigger. I was holding the bag away from my body and closer to the camera when I photographed it so maybe that's why it looks larger. :shrugs: Thanks for the comments and the tip... I'll wear it reversed for a more casual look and then with the turnlock showing for nights out. :yes:

Teen here are some updated pics of my tulum pm that I took today...It is an awesome everyday bag.....:tup::tup:pic #4 is when I want to be super casual..no bling...

Attachments

• DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 779
  • DSCF0012.JPG
    DSCF0012.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 821
  • DSCF0013.JPG
    DSCF0013.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 819
  • DSCF0015.JPG
    DSCF0015.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 759
Thanks for those pics LVpug. You and your bag look beautiful. I love the soft patina she has and can't wait for my LoVely to get a golden glow! And the casual reversed look is great too. :tup:

I took this photo of my collection (minus my Azur Pochette Wallet who's at my Mum's) and you can clearly see that the Tulum PM (11.8" x 9.1") is only slightly bigger than the Josephine PM which measures 11" x 7.5". Just wanted to put it in perspective as my pics might suggest the bag is bigger than it is. Nope, I'm just smaller than the average Louis lover. :P

reveal24.jpg

Teen it is definitely a small size handbag...the galleria fits much more....It is a gorgeous bag...I carried mine today and I had my pouchette wallet, cles, cell, lipstick and sunglasses in it.

It sure is LVpug. I never realised until today how tiny the internal compartment of the Tulum PM is. I could barely fit my basic essentials, like my wallet, agenda, sunnies and phone. I hate that I only just got her here and already I'm considering a replacement but she's just too impractical. The Galliera PM on the other hand looks like it'd have ample space for all of my stuff and I love carrying big bags. Although to be honest, the Tulum looks large on me, so I hope the Galliera doesn't swallow me up.

Oh.. I thought the Tulum PM was a good size! Perhaps you could put the Cles in the other flat inside pocket to keep it above the other bulky items, or in the front pocket if it doesn't bulge too much there? You've large wallets though, the Pochette Wallet's rather a biggie and I bet that's hogging most of the space. Still, if that's what you carry, you need a bag that will carry it all for you! :shrugs:

The Tulum GM is enormous and would be the obvious upgrade, and the Galliera PM would be big on you too, but as many LV forum threads show there are "Teens" aplenty carrying rather large bags and rocking them, too! Also the Neverfull MM would be a great size, and it's kinda convertable - not just back to front, like your Tulum; but side-pulls tight or loose; and inside-out or outside-out, too! :tup::P

Hahaha and now Teen you'll have to reveal your real name to me! :graucho:

Thanks Miss L.. oh I mean Miss F. :P I'm not sure about the overall style of the Tulum which is why I didn't consider upgrading to the GM in this bag. I'm a youngun and feel as though it's too classy and a little more mature than what I'm used to. The Galliera PM has always been a fave of mine so I'll think about that and the Neverfull as a replacement for my Tulum, if I do decide to part with her.

My lips are sealed! :graucho:

Teen....The tulum is more refined and less trendy than the Galleria for sure...it is a sophisticated structured hobo...whereas the Galleria is casual and slouchy...two different looks imo...still I love both...the tulum from anything formal to casual and the Galleria more casual......the tulum is more subtle as well...the galleria is, "here I am look at me".......the pm won't be to big a lady who is only 86 lbs is totally rockin it and it looks awesome.....you will love the galleria...GL

Frankie great point the pouchette wallet is big and takes up lots of room....