The Adventures of Tallulah, the Traveling Twilly (version 2.0)

the waterfall was just gorgeous but nothing compared to the view of the city! i could look at that all day! and i thought the restaurant the night before was romantic!

Attachments

• IMG_6051.JPG
    IMG_6051.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6052.JPG
    IMG_6052.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6053.JPG
    IMG_6053.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6054.JPG
    IMG_6054.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6055.JPG
    IMG_6055.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 40
we had to have a drink, of course! a round of bellinis and champagne (and a diet coke for hlfinn) later and now we were talking....

Attachments

• IMG_6057.JPG
    IMG_6057.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 151
well they say you just never know what you'll see in New York and how true that was! After seeing the requisite boats- we finally saw someone paddling in a kyack. :wtf: In the East River. Hlfinn thought that person must be crazy- it's the East River! I believe her quote was "Feh!"

Attachments

• IMG_6064.JPG
    IMG_6064.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6059.JPG
    IMG_6059.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 33
We took a quick trip to the ladies room and came back to everyone staring out the windows. Literally everyone! We couldn't figure out what they were looking at... A school of fish maybe? After staring we finally realized it was swimmers! In the East River! And Hlfinn thought the kyacker was bad! It turns out it was a race- we met one of the swimmers later who was a very nice guy. Though I shudder to think what his skin looks like today :Push::sweatdrop:

Attachments

• IMG_6065.JPG
    IMG_6065.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 78
We took the Water Taxi back to the South Street Seaport so that we could go where else? Another Hermes! Here I am on the Water Taxi and chilling at the South Street Seaport. There were tons of people and a band playing (Paul Simon music, Hlfinn was in heaven!) Before we hit Hermes we needed to hit Express so one of the TPFers could get a new top and new shoes. Apparently they were not used to the humidity and all the walking (which was a lot of both). Thank goodness I am such light silk and rode in style. I was ready for anything!

Attachments

• IMG_6066.JPG
    IMG_6066.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6067.JPG
    IMG_6067.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_6068.JPG
    IMG_6068.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6069.JPG
    IMG_6069.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6070.JPG
    IMG_6070.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 44
We then went to Hermes where fun was had by all! The ladies were able to try on mutliple bags and accessories! Such nice people at the Alaskan store!

After Hermes we split in to two groups: One set going back to the hotel to change shoes and clothes and take a needed shopping break and the rest truding on to the Bergdorf's shoe department- otherwise known as a little piece of heaven!

At Bergdorfs who do we see trying on shoes? Cameron Diaz! New York celeb sighting? Check! She was just lovely- in visage and in personality! The other TPFers met us there and we all chatted with her a little. So sweet! Oh course when we got home Hlfinn realized she should have asked her to pose with me! What a missed opportunity! But I was just happy to get to see her!

Shopping makes you hungry so we went to the cafe at Bergdorf's for a quick snack! The had deviled eggs- yum!

It wasn't enough for dinner though so we headed to Hlfinn's favorite NYC spot- the Burger Joint at the Parker Meridian. The ladies chowed down on burgers, fries, soda and lots of grease! No pics because Hlfinn was terrified of getting me dirty! LOL. So protective!

Great pics, and please forgive a small, self-absorbed moment --I WANT HLFINN's BLACK MASSAI!!!

Tallullah looks gorgeous hitching a ride on that baby! What a great time you all had. Sigh...

Great pics, and please forgive a small, self-absorbed moment --I WANT HLFINN's BLACK MASSAI!!!

Tallullah looks gorgeous hitching a ride on that baby! What a great time you all had. Sigh...

LOL, I had the same thoughts as you.

OK, you will be receiving an application from me in due course asking if I can be a supplicant to the goddess. :yes: