The $100 Million Skull *pics*

i wouldn't think it was aesthetically pleasing even if it was $1, $10 or $100, nevermind $100 million. i'm not the least bit interested in the price actually. nor do i think there is much artistic value in blinging a part of a dead person.

well then. thats your loss. :cursing:
many do find it aes. pleasing and a very powerful piece.

for those complaining about the price i once again present another statement.
the price to me is fair. Forget the fact the piece is worth $10 million in diamonds and platinum, but also the hours he had to put into creating such a piece. On top of that, he's very well known in the artist and high social circles. To me, $100 million is fit. Especially when compared to Andreas Gursky, and his PHOTOGRAPH: 99 Cent II Diptychon (made in 2001), and sold for $3,346,456, February, 2007. Or how about $142 million for No. 5, made in 1948 by Jackson Pollock?
:sweatdrop:

$142 million for a painting. if anything at least you can sell the diamonds and platinum. Diamonds always go in price so soon your 10 million will become 20. and a painting?? not much. This was all looking at it from the un-artistical point of view.

^ diamonds don't acctually go 'up' in price. If you note the jewelry forum, you are lucky to get 1/3 of the price you pay for a diamond jewelry on resell. There are many classics in artworks that have become infamous, their price just keeps being driven up, because there are people whom do want it demand and supply. How much would the mona lisa be worth? Personally i dont like it (but i can appreciate it, like this skull) had i had the money and the chance to buy the Mona Lisa (other than for investment purposes) i wouldn't buy it. It's not my style of art that i find appealing and to me worth about $50, 000, because of its resilience (its a dam roach!) and its history.

love damien hirst just love him. would i buy the skull with unlimited funds hell yes but i would even put his work the physical impossibility of death in the mind of someone living right there in my foyer. :wlae: (and move it directly to the front door around halloween :lol:
no but seriously you can´t put a price on art it is worth as much as one or another is willing to pay for it.

i want that diamond on its forehead, i just want to rip it off!! lol I would prefer diamonds for that kind of money. But i like macabre things and sparkley stuff so if i was a billionaire and had money to blow i would buy this. The bigger problem would be finding appropriate decor to display and complement it in a room.