Terrorist attack on commuters in India

varsha624 said:
One of the platforms was at the stop for the suburb (Matunga)my grandparents lived in and where my mother grew up. It is a small peaceful closeknit community of mostly transplanted south indians where I used to visit every summer when I was a kid and where I have my fondest memories....everyone knows everyone and children are treated like royalty, my cousins and I had such amazing adventures in that great happy festive neighborhood, we were welcome in any house at any time.and regaled with treats and kindness whereever we went, i love it there...i've travelled on the commuter trains there so many times....my heart is breaking.....so far we don't think anyone we know was hurt, but only time will tell.....

Varsha, it feels like such a violation when this happens to a place you know and love. :sad:

Twinklette said:
V oh my god I hope everyone is ok!!! My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family....I'm so sorry.

THanks twinklette, my grandma doesn't live there now, and the attacks were late at night, so I am pretty sure no one we know was hurt there...I am just so sad at the situation....why do terrorists resort to violence against civilians??????????????/

^^^Exactly Roo....ironically it is a place where people of different faiths live in harmony.....

The reports state it was at rush hour in the evening. They love to inflict maximum loss of life on innocents, so they did it when it would hurt the most people. :rant:

Roo said:
The reports state it was at rush hour in the evening. They love to inflict maximum loss of life on innocents, so they did it when it would hurt the most people. :rant:

Oh no....misheard the report.....my uncle is there and will call us I'm sure...those trains are packed at rush hour....I've been afraid to watch the news, but I will...just have to pray

Where I live here in the Seattle area, we have a very big East Indian community. Many of these folks have come here to work for Microsoft. Microsoft also sends a lot of people back and forth between here and Bangalore. So there is a pretty big community here. One of my husband's best friends is from India and I am worried about his family there...

:sad: Varsha, hugs for you hun, it's such a sad situation to come from such a beautiful place...my thoughts are with you xx

Terrorists mission - to do as much damage in as short a space of time as possible.
That's why they always pick rush hour in very busy places.:censor:

It really and truly sickens me to the core that terrorists are either a) trying to make us conform to their way of life and thinking, so resort to violence and slaughter to prove this point, and/or b) cause maximum impact and damage to innocent civillians and their families just because they disagree with the politics and ********ics of a particular society.

IMO, terrorists have no place in society. They are sick, twisted, depraved individuals.

Those :censor:! I've been glued to the news ever since the story broke.

DF is away to Bangalore, India for three weeks on business. Bangalore is in the southern part of India, whereas Mumbai is in the west. So while he's not directly affected, I'm still I'm worried sick, since there may be more attacks. And I haven't been able to get in touch with him!

I'm just hoping the American Consulate will pull all our US citizens out if they feel that it's too dangerous throughout India.

Greendrv said:
Those :censor:! I've been glued to the news ever since the story broke.

DF is away to Bangalore, India for three weeks on business. Bangalore is in the southern part of India, whereas Mumbai is in the west. So while he's not directly affected, I'm still I'm worried sick, since there may be more attacks. And I haven't been able to get in touch with him!

I'm just hoping the American Consulate will pull all our US citizens out if they feel that it's too dangerous throughout India.

Aww, sweetie, I know exactly how you feel, my dad was at the Pentagon during 9-11, my thought are with you and please let us know when you hear something!!:heart:

helenNZ said:
crap!!! isnt one our girls over there at the moment????

OMG Helen you're right! guccigirl2000 is there isn't she? I remember this because she is my neighbor to the North in Vancouver Island and I remember seeing that she'd gone over... yikes

Hopefully she'll check in soon