Tell me about the Garden Party

Ooo .... the old thread about GPT is so useful, gigi. Please let me know if I am interpretting this correctly >>> that a full leather GPT is actually the Garden Twilly, and it only comes in small sizes TTPM and TPM? No full leather for bigger sizes. Correct?:sad:
I think so...the full leather GPs that I've seen are only in TPM and TTPM sizes, and they are lined in silk with either orange bolduc print / rouge H letters print / Tohu Bohu print (latest).

DQ, my little brown bolduc GPT was a TTPM (23cm), my vermillon swift tohu bohu GPT is a TPM (30cm) and my potiron and Rocabar GPTs are PM (35cm). If you ever want to play with them, just say the word!

Hi Lola, my GP is the one in toile canvas/leather combo (size W36cm x H24cm x D17cm), it retails for ~US$1,500 from H store. HTH! :smile:

Thanks gigi! that's the range I was thinking....I'm going to take a closer look next Hawaii trip, I want to take my time and get through the 2 other bags on my list that I really want and the H belt and then go from there. In the mean time I'm going to keep doing H research, thanks for your help.

Lola:
The Garden Party Totes in all leather TPM with the Silk Interior Lining with matching twilly. I paid just a tad over $2,000.00 for my brown one and twenty dollars more for the black one. I don't know why I guess black is a popular color more so than the brown?
Yes, I will never get rid of my orange dogon wallet- it goes very well with the brown garden tote...

DQ, my little brown bolduc GPT was a TTPM (23cm), my vermillon swift tohu bohu GPT is a TPM (30cm) and my potiron and Rocabar GPTs are PM (35cm). If you ever want to play with them, just say the word!

thanks, NS! I particularly like the ones in unusual fabric -- the rocabar the tweed ones like the one below. i've only seen them done in the 35cm version -- anyone know whether other sizes are out there?

I think the tweeds are only 35cm. I bought a Rocabar a few years back (see attached pic) and I love it but they do get floppy after a while. I have a large purseket in it, but it still flops over. DQ, do you find that it gets floppy, too?

Attachments

• Rocabartoteandpouch.JPG
    Rocabartoteandpouch.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 98
I think the tweeds are only 35cm. I bought a Rocabar a few years back (see attached pic) and I love it but they do get floppy after a while. I have a large purseket in it, but it still flops over. DQ, do you find that it gets floppy, too?

a lot of things get floppy in my presence. :shame:

actually i don't own that GP - i had been admiring it in an ebay auction, and my fingers are crossed that something similar will be at the sale next week.
who's the cute kitty that just popped up in your avi? :love:

I really like my GPT....but I use it as a "utility" bag for my knitting! :smile:
I too use my Garden Party as a knitting bag.

Mine is Amazonia, which I really like, but would not recommend because I have heard of some cracking problems with Amazonia. One Amazonia bag that had cracked had been folded and packed in a suitcase, so if you have Amazonia do not fold it.

a lot of things get floppy in my presence. :shame:

actually i don't own that GP - i had been admiring it in an ebay auction, and my fingers are crossed that something similar will be at the sale next week.
who's the cute kitty that just popped up in your avi? :love:

OMG, you are so funny!! Flopping.... :roflmfao:

Isn't my new kitten sweet? :love: My darling 19 year old kitty passed away last month and my big cats (Norwegian Forest Cat and Ragdoll) just couldn't get used to being without her. So, last weekend we adopted this sweet little Norwegian Forest kitten! Her name is Thorskatt's Tammy's Miracle (Tammy), she is just 16 weeks old and she is the friendliest, most outgoing kitten I've ever had. The big cats love her and so do we!

Lola:
The Garden Party Totes in all leather TPM with the Silk Interior Lining with matching twilly. I paid just a tad over $2,000.00 for my brown one and twenty dollars more for the black one. I don't know why I guess black is a popular color more so than the brown?
Yes, I will never get rid of my orange dogon wallet- it goes very well with the brown garden tote...

I love your leather ones, that's probably what I would look into, thanks for the info. and glad you kept that wallet it's beautiful and I LOVE Hermes orange!!