Food Talking about wine

Why should anyone be dry in January? :smile:

Health reasons pursuant to the studies published in Britain many years ago. The liver can repair itself with 30 days of no alcohol. Given the amount of parties that take place over the holiday season, many people consume more alcohol than usual.

My birthday is also in December so it's pretty much a constant celebration for me, that included multiple trips to NYC, as well as the amazing Chrustmas markets in Paris, Brussels and London. I definitely needed to give my liver a rest.

I will do it again in 2018.

And now in September and October is the time for the "New Wine"

Federweißer or Federroter, Neuer Susser, Junger wein, Bremser, Most (and yes there are more names too) is a wine which has begun, but not completed, the fermentation process, it has an alcohol content of 4-10% and will have a cloudy appearance (hence the name ‘feather white’) when agitated, as the yeast is still present and visible. The wine itself is a sweet slightly sparkling grape juice and available in white, red and pink, surprisingly refreshing and the perfect accompaniment to the traditional savoury Zwiebelkuchen (onion cake).

More about it: https://www.german-way.com/a-new-wine-season-has-started/

I can recommend it! :smile:

Home alone. Got this bottle some months ago as a gift, it's drinkable...

30795654wu.jpg

Kind regards,
Oliver