Switched from Mineral to Liquid Foundation?

I go back and forth between liquid and mineral, I have to say though, my old standby liquids from 5 years ago + are still what I go to, I'm not sure there has been enough development in liquid foundations for you to notice a huge difference now. Some may feel a little lighter or have better colors but I don't see all that much difference and I've been in and out of the cosmetic industry via makeup artists jobs over the past 8 years..... I do LOVE Jane Iredale mineral makeup, it's the only one I've tried and actually like. I HATED bare minerals, just didn't work for me, everyone is different though. A nice tinted moisturizer to test out is Laura Mercier if you're interested.

Okie so I stepped into a Sephora today and went through most (if not all) of the tinted moisturizers in there, but unfortunately none of them seemed to work for me (they were too sheer, and I needed something that would cover my breakout scars). I'm going to stop by Saks sometime during the week to check out the liquid foundations there.
did you try The Balm tinted moisturizer or DuWop Face Revolution? I've been told that they both give more coverage than most tinited moisturizers. it took me forever to find the perfect tinted moisturizer. i still haven't found a foundation that i like. i hope you have better luck than i've had.

I used to use L'oreal Visuelle foundation as a teen and in my 20's, since it was so light and inexpensive, but after I had my son it started giving me breakouts. So, I tried Bare Minerals for a year or so--it seemed to dry my skin out, and if I put a lighter layer of it on, it seemed to make my pores look larger. For even coverage, I needed to put a lot of it on. Just didn't work for me.

Nowadays, I use Diorskin Pure Light foundation, and it works like a dream. It's light (50% water), and rather than going on like spackle it goes on like a lotion and makes you glow (important for us ladies over 35!). Everyone thinks I have naturally gorgeous, creamy skin...ha! I wish!!!! ;)

I use Jane Iredale and it is so much better than Bare Minerals!
It doesn't dry you out or enlarge pores like BM does.
I switched from BM when I started seeign that my skin was becoming irritated, and now it's improved drastically!
I really reccomend Jane Iredale, and they have a liquid foundation that moisturizes really well.

I've got to check Jane Iredale out! Especially for that time of the month when I am PMS-ing and get breakouts; I don't like to wear foundation on those days! Thanks for the recommendation, xxElle!!

did you try The Balm tinted moisturizer or DuWop Face Revolution? I've been told that they both give more coverage than most tinited moisturizers. it took me forever to find the perfect tinted moisturizer. i still haven't found a foundation that i like. i hope you have better luck than i've had.

I didn't really like the shades from DuWop or TheBalm (couldn't find one to match close enough). I found Laura Mercier to be best of all those I did try, but the coverage was rather sheer for what I need at the moment (too many breakouts).

I stopped by Saks to try out Armani foundation today, but was not very satisfied with the results. The shades were either too light or too dark, and it left my face looking dry. (I tested both the designer shaping cream foundation and the designer compact foundation).

A co-worker of mine recommended Laura Mercier cream foundation for full coverage, and I checked out the consistency of it at the counter--it definitely had good coverage with a silky feel and I found a shade that I *think* is pretty close to my skintone; but I could not reason myself to splurge the $42 on a whole tube since I was still a bit unsure of the color and results. I just found the same shade for half the price on ebay... so I'm going to wait til it arrives in the mail to see :yes:

I'm also interested in trying the Jane Iredale, but where can I find this in NYC? Do they have it in any department stores?

Same here! Bare Minerals made my pores super enlarged. I have spent so much $ trying different cleansers & things to get my skin back to pre-BM days. I don't see any improvement yet.
I am looking for a tinted moisterizer. Let's return and give our input on what we found to replace BM.

I used Laura Mercier oil free foundation for years but decided to try out Bare Essentials. I thought BE was difficult to use and made my face look sallow. It also broke me out. So I went back to LM and never regretted it. Its really the best foundation for the "no foundation" look.

I used all kinds of mineral foundations, and I like Bella Rose by Serious Skin Care the best. :yes: I used to use that by itself, but I found that I wanted something with a *little* more coverage that would last throughout the day without needing reapplication.

Now, I use MAC liquid foundation and on TOP of that I use mineral foundation. It looks surprisingly SUPER natural and my friends tell me they can't even tell I'm wearing foundation. :yes: I can really tell the difference between ONLY mineral foundation and liquid AND mineral foundation when I take pictures. My skin looks flawless with liquid foundation, but I could see some flaws when I ONLY wore mineral foundation.

I switch back and forth between bare minerals and tinted moisturizer, depending on the amount of coverage I need.

Another in-between option is using a spot concealer and tinted moisterizer. I like Laura Mercier secret camaflouge. You blend it yourself to find the right match, and it's highly pigmented to cover unsightly zits. I apply the tinted moisterizer first, spot conceal as needed, then finish with powder. The result is actually better than bare minerals, but it's more time consuming.

I switch back and forth between mineral and liquid... I either Lumiere lumininesse (with tinted moisturizer underneath) OR Too Faced Magic Wand or L'Oreal Infallible. It depends on what I'm doing that day...

I was using Armani foundation, then decided to try Smashbox. Now I'm running out of the Smashbox and was thinking of either going back to Armani or trying Bare Minerals. Having read this, I think I'll go back to Armani. It's expensive but it lasts a long time. It gives coverage yet doesn't look masky or heavy. Saks is the only place to get it where I live in San Diego.

^^ I think Armani's best foundation is the luminous silk foundation. I loved it, but couldn't find a perfect match.

I wanted to love mineral foundation so much since it's cheaper and I already use a powder foundation from MAC. However, it was dry and didn't look natural. I have a really hard time finding a liquid foundation to match my skintone, so I'm still on the hunt.