SUGGESTIONS for accomodation in SEOUL for plastic surgery.... Hotel Vs Airbnb? any suggestions?

i am trying to look for airbnb around gangnam, is the 3 stars hotel cheaper than airbnb apartment ?
Hi did you end up booking yet?

I looked at some of the prices and some of the airbnb price seems higher than 3 stars hotel.

Anyone has recommendations for which airbnb in gangnam? Preferably no stairs, as i dont know if i’ll be able make it up to the place.

Hello Everyone.
I and my sister will be heading to seoul in 2 weeks for some procedures. We are looking at clinics in gangnam and are looking for affordable but good places to stay.
Would you suggest Airbnb or Hotel?
And if hotel what suggestions would you give.
Would really appreciate the help
Since you'll be having liposuction, fat grafting, and under-eye work done, I'd recommend staying in a hotel close to the clinics for an easier recovery.

This blog discusses the pros and cons of hotels vs Airbnbs in Korea - though this is not directly for some who goes the procedure, this may help you decide https://www.lemon8-app.com/_pam/7255893624494506498?region=sg

This article also provides useful tourism stats on Seoul that can help with planning, including tips on accommodations:
https://gowithguide.com/blog/seoul-tourism-statistics-2023-the-ultimate-guide-5535

Hotels like Ocloud and Novotel near Gangnam are often recommended - you may also check them. :smile:

Reactions: Paitong23
I think Hotel is better. Bcs After plastic surgery you want to have enough rest. You don't need think about cleaning your room and you can also order food.

i didnt consider that. that may be a reason to stay a hotel instead. The costs are honestly similar from everywhere i've looked for both so price really doesnt seem to be an issue for either

+-
I stayed at an Airbnb for two weeks. I liked the convenience of being able to cook my own food in the immediate days after my surgery when I was all bandaged up and didn't want to go outside. I stocked up at the grocery store beforehand with things like noodles, tofu and veg so I could make easy meals on the stove. Just be aware that you need to throw out your trash in special trash bags. But it's easy to buy the required trash bags at any convenience store.
Ahh right...the refrigerator is big, and being able to cook food on a stove is big

so i guess it comes down to how much autonomy you think you're gonna have after your procedure. Hmmm, staff for a hotel is a nice thing to have, you dont gotta think about trash and other basic necessities...that and wifi in hotels are free and always good

Cooking and cleaning and taking out clothes at an airbnb is also nice but i guess i'll have to ask around

Airbnbs are definitely a better deal imo because you get the comforts of a home and tend to get more convenient amenities like the kitchen and a full fridge! This is super helpful during recovery, when you don't want to/ are too tired go out with your casts on. Additionally, Airbnbs offer way better value for the same cost (or less). I feel other amenities like the swimming pool/gym are not as helpful as a kitchen, fridge and oven, since you're staying home to recover most times.

Airbnbs are definitely a better deal imo because you get the comforts of a home and tend to get more convenient amenities like the kitchen and a full fridge! This is super helpful during recovery, when you don't want to/ are too tired go out with your casts on. Additionally, Airbnbs offer way better value for the same cost (or less). I feel other amenities like the swimming pool/gym are not as helpful as a kitchen, fridge and oven, since you're staying home to recover most times.
Yeahhh i did some research after the fact...i think im gonna go with an airbnb, ive decided to live in a residential area, it'll be a couple miles away from seoul but i guess thats what the bus is for lol