Sub forums for "sort of" popular brands?

I like your idea azia. I go into the the handbags forum but its so full of stuff - its hard to keep track of threads and I notice many threads on the same brand frequently that I keep having to skip over. So if some of them had like a subforum within the handbag forum ( like how Balenciaga has shopping, clubhouse etc at the top - that is what you meant right?) then the more general threads underneath.

I think some people might be confusing what I'm saying? Because I'm really not sure how this would create MORE clutter?

Think of this forum as having many drawers with things in side and then one big drawer with mismatched pieces (Handbag forum). My idea is basically to ORGANIZE all the items in big drawer so when you've found a few matches, they can make a pair. Eventually, when you've got enough pairs, it can take up a drawer of its own! ;)

Azia, I understand what you are saying. You want subfolders in the gen handbags section just like balenciaga shopping is a subfolder in balenciaga, correct? I'm saying it creates clutter because those folders are shown on the main forum page. There are so many of these little brands. What would be the point of a gen forum if all the little brands had a subfolder? What would be posted in the main section?

I think the system we have works well enough. Forums have been created according to need accordingly.

yep, that is exactly what i mean! :biggrin:

I like your idea azia. I go into the the handbags forum but its so full of stuff - its hard to keep track of threads and I notice many threads on the same brand frequently that I keep having to skip over. So if some of them had like a subforum within the handbag forum ( like how Balenciaga has shopping, clubhouse etc at the top - that is what you meant right?) then the more general threads underneath.

Azia, I understand what you are saying. You want subfolders in the gen handbags section just like balenciaga shopping is a subfolder in balenciaga, correct? I'm saying it creates clutter because those folders are shown on the main forum page. There are so many of these little brands. What would be the point of a gen forum if all the little brands had a subfolder? What would be posted in the main section?

I think the system we have works well enough. Forums have been created according to need accordingly.

The reason this would be a better system IMO is...

1) Not all brands are equal. None are as popular as say...LV. But some ARE more popular than others in the Handbags forum. These threads prevent some lesser known brands or one-off threads from people see and it can even deter people from going to the Handbag forum at all!

2) Keyword is the key to organization. I think it is MUCH easier to browse through a INDEX of brands (maybe even listed alphabetical! but there's me thinking ahead of myself :graucho:) than to browse through many thread on different brands or heck....many threads on the SAME brand AMONGST other brands.

3) There definitely is use for the misc/main section! If a brand does not already have a sub-forum in the Handbags forum, then those posts go on the main section. Also, that forum is not used JUST for individual brands but discussion of handbags in general. There are MANY of those threads (What Bags Are You Waiting For, What Bags Do You Want To Buy, How Do You Shop For Bags, etc, etc.) and that would be the place for them.

4) The Format supports this. Because the sub-forum part of forums is separated from the main section (as per the brand forums) it doesn't clog up the main section the same way a page full of stickies would. You would be scrolling down instead of flipping pages.

Hope that helps make what I'm envisioning clearer? ;)

Hope that helps make what I'm envisioning clearer? ;)
Why would it? You are simply repeating yourself. I referenced the setup you would like in my previous post, no need to reiterate. I still stand by my assertion that it crowds up the main page (because subfolders are listed on the main forum page, if you click forum.purseblog.com and look you will see lv shopping and the other subfolders under lv WITHOUT clicking on lv), and the gen handbags forum would not have enough discussions with without the misc. bag brands. How many 'how often do you switch bags" or "what bag are you carrying today" threads can we have. Most of the post are about the same misc. bag brands.

Many brands that now have a subforum once were lumped in the General Handbag section. I don't see the need for a two tiered review system on the popularity of a brand to grant the brand its own space.

^ Wow, okay. I'm sorry if you feel offended by me trying to be respond to some of the things you've said or at least that's what it feels like. I don't think I was repeating myself but that's your opinion. Thanks for your input either way.

As for the subforums being listed on the main page, hopefully there is a way to disable that for this forum. I'm not sure. I was only trying to help by putting out a suggestion to make things more convenient for everyone.