Student LV Lovers, please read!

I use my PDV and so for me, it's perfect. Especially for lectures or seminars, it's lightweight and holds my laptop (if necessary) and textbooks and stationary and other bits & bobs e.g. my wallet so yup, it's perfect! But as suggested, BH or neverfull. A girl in my seminar uses a lockit or the antigua cabas and it works for her! I guess it depends how much you carry!

I use my saleya MM for school... it works great. It holds as much as I want it to hold like books. laptop,ect. Also, I like that it is not a mono bag. IMO.. I woudnt use a mono bag for school b/c I feel it is too flashy. Good luck with your decision!!

once I get my hands on the Damier Neverful MM then I'll be using that as a school bag (right now I'm just using a plain harajuku bag). I think it'll be perfect as a school bag: can transition into going out (shopping, eating...) easily, not too expensive so that I don't have to worry about babying it, less conspicuous than monogram, and no worrying about vachetta!

I just have to add my 2 cents in again since I notice a lot of people are talking about dirt. If you get a mono bag with a non-vachetta bottom, setting it on the floor is no problem. I set mine on the floor all the time (of course, I look to make sure there isn't anything weird down there) and my bags are perfect. LVs are meant to be used, otherwise, why would they have ever started making Mono/Damier luggage and trunks? I've seen vintage pieces that have been used on many an excursion and they look great. So school won't harm your bags. :nogood:

ITA!! I carry my damier speedy 30 to class since i only have 1 class at a time this semester, i only have to carry one book and one notebook so i dont need a bag for them. I put my speedy on the floor, i carry it in the rain, etc! I'm not too worried about it... its a bag and it is meant to be used! Obviously, i'm not going to drag it around on pavement, but if it gets a little dirt on the bottom, i'll just clean it off, no big deal!

I use my damier ebene broadway for college. So far it's been great. Tons of pockets for organization and it's been large enough to fit all of my stuff. It can be a bit of a hassle to get in and out of it if you close the buckles all the time, but I usually just leave them undone.

I don't. I use my MbMJ black turnlock shopper OR my Longchamp tote OR a backpack, and use my Vuittons after class or on the weekends.

I'd suggest a Neverfull MM or GM for you though-- I hope to get a Damier one!

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I think I've narrowed down to something I wouldn't mind carrying to school every day. It's not an LV, so I'm gonna have to cheat... but just this one time, I promise! :lol:

No, because no LV bag (not luggage) would be able to hold the amount of books and materials I need for classes...I use a backpack. Yes. I need it. It's the only thing that can hold two 1000-page textbooks and lab book, binder, file folder. I envy girls who can use designer purses as their school bag, but unfortunately that day will never come for me. Each year my backpack just gets heavier.

I use my Speedy 35 (but it can get a PITA if it get's heavy with all the books) or Petit Noé (notebooks will stick out at top and get crammed, so only for thin ones that can fold/rolled)

If specifically for school I'd get a Taiga Viktor Messenger, very subtle, hands free and much space. Damier Bastille or Mono Abbesses are nice too, but not as subtle...