Strap Cracks - Beginning of the End?

I’m dying - cc’d my husband on my last snippy but polite response to Goyard, and he sent them an email lambasting their lack of service. I’m never getting my Artois back, am I??

I’m dying - cc’d my husband on my last snippy but polite response to Goyard, and he sent them an email lambasting their lack of service. I’m never getting my Artois back, am I??
Reading stories like yours and others…stories about poor service, being ignored, extra charges, waiting to get into stores, etc., etc, have made me never want to give them another penny. I will be happy with my burgundy St. Louis and dismiss Goyard in the future.

I've been looking to get a St. Louis due to the light weight but probably not going to do so after reading all the issues. The worst one is color transfer. How could Goyard not deal with this issue for being a premium brand ? With the handles cracking, I can see that the totes were not designed for the modern on-the-go lifestyle where electric devices travel with us. Maybe it is really meant to stay as a tote for light items such as a sweater and handbag (not even one of those Birkins or Kellys that can be heavy).

Reactions: apoorva
I've been looking to get a St. Louis due to the light weight but probably not going to do so after reading all the issues. The worst one is color transfer. How could Goyard not deal with this issue for being a premium brand ? With the handles cracking, I can see that the totes were not designed for the modern on-the-go lifestyle where electric devices travel with us. Maybe it is really meant to stay as a tote for light items such as a sweater and handbag (not even one of those Birkins or Kellys that can be heavy).
Trust me the colour transfer is the worst!! The colour was all over my hands and my clothes. I was on a vacation and it was so embarrassing.

• Wow
Reactions: chkpfbeliever
Same here! A red one and blue one. Had them both repaired through Goyard and the red started again a few months later.
Omg what?! The St Louis bag bleeds color onto your clothes? I haven't had an issue with my green one but boy this is news.
I have the light blue and tan/black and haven’t had any issues. I also live in a hot and humid climate. I would be mortified though, if that happened to me.

Someone asked about Celine and I purchased a nano belt bag a few years ago and my experience was below average. I was in the boutique, but made the purchase over the phone later the same day. I had the SA mail the bag to me and I was never provided a receipt. When I went in to get a receipt, it was like pulling teeth. I remember being turned off from the brand altogether and have not purchased from them since.

I have the light blue and tan/black and haven’t had any issues. I also live in a hot and humid climate. I would be mortified though, if that happened to me.

Someone asked about Celine and I purchased a nano belt bag a few years ago and my experience was below average. I was in the boutique, but made the purchase over the phone later the same day. I had the SA mail the bag to me and I was never provided a receipt. When I went in to get a receipt, it was like pulling teeth. I remember being turned off from the brand altogether and have not purchased from them since.

Same, I’m in the (currently) unbearable TX heat without issue, thankfully.

While I had my issues, I was speaking with my credit card company on the side looking at options for a full refund based on their horrible warranty. In the end, it didn’t have to go to that but they were helpful. See if you can speak to them about this issue. Good luck!

When I was looking at a St Louis in the London store last year, my SA took great pains to tell me that this bag was made to be a beach bag - only for carrying light things, maybe a towel max. He says he gets many customers who carry it like a normal purse and come back angry 2 months later. I think that was a little extreme but I can believe it. It seems to be luck of the draw as some seem to do fine with them. I still plan to get one but I probably wouldn't carry any more in it than I would a mini bag; the volume is more helpful for light things like a sweater, magazine, etc than heavy items.

Reactions: earthygirl
While I had my issues, I was speaking with my credit card company on the side looking at options for a full refund based on their horrible warranty. In the end, it didn’t have to go to that but they were helpful. See if you can speak to them about this issue. Good luck!
Thank you. I will call the credit card company tomorrow and find out if I have any recourse. They are getting more and more unpleasant and I don't see this ending well. Edited - my husband just told me they have sent my Artois back, and it's not fixed, so I have no options with anything now. It's just garbage. Done with Goyard. Thanks for all your help. Hope everyone else here continues to enjoy their purchases and never has to deal with their customer service.

Last edited: