step vs city

Thank you muraska and dabaicai for the comparison photos. Your bbags are beautiful. On a side note, I am just amazed on how people in this forum can "invent" words. I too did not have any idea what N/S or E/W meant! :nuts:

Actually those are common terms widely used on many websites that carry handbags...i.e. NM (Neiman Marcus), BG (Bergdorf Goodman), Saks, etc. use them all the time. :yes:

I did not invent these terms~ they have been used to describe bags before. Maybe do some research and you will find this term being used.

Hey, wait one minute!!! Were you the mastermind behind the handbag descriptions on Zappos.com??? :confused1: They have tons of bags described as N/S and E/W - Who knew you were behind it all!?!?!?!?! :roflmfao:

Thanks so much you all for posting the differences in the two bags. I am expecting my new Violet Step any day now, and I CAN'T wait:hysteric:

It looks like the Step doesn't have the side stitching like the City, Right? If that is true and it's just one big piece of leather, there would be less visual wear and tear. I like that it looks a bit more elegant and Ladylike, for those mood swings of course- Moto Mama one day, Chic Audrey Hepburn the next!

City. The Step reminds me of a trapezoid... (though the City's quite rectangular :P) but I like the shape of the City; it's very functional -- that is, your stuff doesn't end up piling up like it does in some bags. I feel like I can space things out pretty well in my City so that nothing's really on top of something else. Then again, I don't carry that much stuff around.