Stella Bag

Also, I don't know if I should admit this, but I just watched that Lindsay Lohan movie Just My Luck and one of the characters was carrying and eggplant (don't know if it's the correct name) Stella!

the bag in that movie is a fake stella... 1, the handles are too long 2, the straps are sort of pointed on the ends after they go through the buckles... stella's handles are squared off.

Plus, it looked a bit stuff.

I kept rewinding my HBO on demand to see. LOL

the bag in that movie is a fake stella... 1, the handles are too long 2, the straps are sort of pointed on the ends after they go through the buckles... stella's handles are squared off.

I am laughing right now Luna!!! EAGLE EYE LUNA, that should be your new name!
:roflmfao:

I love the Stella and I would love to get on myself so I'd say get a Stella! :biggrin: Plus, like all the other members said, its such a classic and the nickle hardware is gorgeous!

er, I made a typo, the bag looked STIFF.. not stuff. I'm a bad typist. but yea.. that bag's FAAAAKE! :biggrin:

Good eye! I guess it being in a movie or being used by a celebrity doesn't necessarily mean that the bag is real! How horrible! You would think with LL's friendship with Marc she would at least ensure that a real one was used!!!! I'm so glad other ppl watched that movie, I don't feel totally lame! :rolleyes:

OK...that is too funny, because my niece made me watch that movie with her the other day, and I noticed that too. The straps were "V" shaped at the ends!

Luna is right! I recently scored a BRAND NEW faded brick Stella for around $600 on eBay. I couldn't believe I won it for that amount. Faded Brick is an extremely coveted color and is rare. Just make sure to post the auction in the authenticate thread before bidding -- there are a LOT of superfakes out there.

That is hilarious Luna! I just did the same thing 2 nights ago -- was watching that same movie on HBO and noticed the super long straps and pointy shoulder strap ends...

Is the Stella bag heavy? I've never seen one in person and I'm considering to get one for grad school to put my books and stuff. Would anyone care to enlighten me on that? TIA! :smile:

I have two Stella bags (and one on the way...yay!) Love this bag. It is my favorite MJ bag. I tend to carry heavy bags, so I don't think it is that heavy. It's pretty sturdy, but I wouldn't want to carry too many heavy items, because it could stretch the leather and make the bag sag. I know there is a thread devoted just to that problem. I love the bag, though. It definitely can hold a lot. I just know how heavy my daughter's books are and I would not want all that in my Stella.