Stars Won't Attend Golden Globe Awards

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
FRIDAY JANUARY 04, 2008 07:35 PM EST
By Mike Fleeman

Golden Globe-nominated actors and presenters won't attend the televised award show Jan. 13 because of the writers' strike, the Screen Actors Guild announced Friday.

"After considerable outreach to Golden Globe actor nominees and their representatives over the past several weeks, there appears to be unanimous agreement that these actors will not cross Writers Guild of America picket lines to appear on the Golden Globe Awards as acceptors or presenters," said SAG president Alan Rosenberg. "We applaud our members for this remarkable show of solidarity for striking Writers Guild of America writers."

The announcement plunges into turmoil the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's annual awards show and its star-studded parties.

"The Hollywood Foreign Press Association has been placed in an extremely difficult position with the ongoing Writers Guild strike," Jorge Camara, the group's president, said in a statement. "We are making every effort to work out a solution that will permit the Golden Globes to take place with the creative community present to participate. We hope to announce a resolution to this unfortunate predicament on Monday."

The WGA has voted against a waiver to allow its writers to work on the show and said members would set up picket lines. Before the SAG announcement, NBC had said it still planned to air the show despite the picket threat.

(http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20169631,00.html)

This is too bad. I love the Golden Globes! The red carpet is the best! This really stinks....my Fantasy Fashion League points will be a big fat ZERO!!

I say give the Writers Guild what they want!! I know that the movie companies and Co. are racking in the dough. just be fair to others. everybody has to eat