Seasonal SS08 preview

^Syma, here is a pic of the bag on the runway. Male models are usually about 1.85 m (don`t know what that is in feet...), so I`d say it`s slightly bigger in volume than the Maxi Veneta.

Don´t the like pics though. They have been photoshopped so much they look as if sugarcoated! I like BV natural ;)

Thanks for posting the pic on the runway Claus, Are you on the mens veneta wishlist???? I think the bag is TDF especially with the crocodile accent!

BTW I know exactly what you mean by the sugar coating on the pics, the colours do appear a lot brighter than they are IRL. Here is another pic of the pink swirl bag (just to highlight the difference in colour from bubblegum pink to dusky pink). I wonder how much this is as it is currently on my SS08 wishlist:P

Attachments

• pink swirl bv.jpg
    pink swirl bv.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 256
I love the color of the bag, but it might be way too overwhelmingly big for me, since I´m not tall at all, Syma!

But I´m sure other nice bags will come out in Cement (I think uclaboi mentioned this as the official color name) that I will drool over!

The dusty pink swirl bag looks magnificent! I don`t have any clue about the price though, would assume 1,5k to 2k-ish Euro?

I just saw all the bags posted here this evening at the BV Singapore SS Preview event - I suppose these pics were taken from the same event at BV Hong Kong (pic credits are a HK publication/newpaper). I will try to comment as much as I can remember. The name part is tough, as they are so many new colours. As for the pricing, I only remember the ones that I was interested in. Let's begin... ;)

Another distressing effect (that BV is so fond of) on calf leather, found the colour dark and a little dull - though it looks like it has a sheen here (lighting?)

EN11_011.jpg

Make of cervo (deer skin) with nappa braids in 4 SS colours - pale green, peachy beige, pink (known as Oleander) and off-white (Mammoth?) They only had the grey on show but looking at the pic, the off-white one is the winner, real pretty.

EN11_010.jpg

I like this pic but unfortunately I didn't see this bag at the event. Looks like maybe another variation of the Sloane/Pyramid club. I like the croc accent. I did see a men's bag in this colour. A nice shade of bluish grey.

EN11_012.jpg

^ Thanks so much for posting Ms Piggy! C-24 I'm sure that you could still rock a large bag (I've seen the action pics hehe) but the price is a bit :shocked: due to the croc accent, Cement as a colour is a lovely bluish grey so I hope that they have some other styles for you.

A limited edition (?) python bag in the new off-white colour (mamoth or something). The handle can be removed and double up as a belt! What an ingenious idea! I suspect its the same for the blue/grey bag above - looks like a belt buckle on the handle?

EN25_003.jpg

This little tote is known as the Kawai bag, inspired by Japan. Kawai means "cute" in Japenese. The bag is weave by hand in the normal manner and subsequently the colours are "sprayed" on colour by colour. Very pretty and cute indeed.

EN25_004.jpg

Thanks so much foxie-pooh, for posting all the pics!! and can't wait for ms piggy's insightful takes on them!!

I've learned how close-to-impossible to capture some of the BV colours in photos, so I try very hard not to get too excited or disappointed about them until I see them irl. I have seen the pastel ombre cabat (the last pic) at a boutique and it was much more lively and interesting looking than the pic.

The knots caught my eye. :nuts: Also made of cervo with the same distressing effect as the bag above and with beige suede lining. There are 2 colours - Peltro (goldish, and the one in the foreground) and Platino (silverish). Between the 2, imo, Peltro stands out with a nice sheen, somehow Platino looked a little dull (akin to an unpolished rugged look). And the best part? The price. Same price point as the Karung knot from A/W 2007.

They had a butterfly knot there - limited edition in snakeskin in offwhite (also availabe in a peachy colour. I like the antique look. But its more than double the price of the cervo and karung knot.

EN25_007.jpg