Spring's Mod Styles : Do You Like ?

Jan 23, 2006
-2915461d83002800e.jpg

For spring, Chanel’s Karl Lagerfeld whips up Lucite platforms, oversize shades, and armfuls of bangles—all in a crisp palette of black and white—to complement his collection of mod miniskirts and A-line dresses.

-3349461d83e736a71.jpg

Cameron Diaz was one of the first fashion-forward stars to work the mod look. At The Holiday premiere in Madrid, Diaz makes a memorable entrance in Chanel’s bold shift. December 2006

-16596461d845d2a71e.jpg

At Pucci, designer Matthew Williamson applied the house’s signature swirling prints to body-conscious dresses and flirty minis. Statement-making accents—from large bangles to see-through wedges—complete the past-meets-present look.

-1017461d84b44f119.jpg

Ever the style chameleon, Sienna Miller test-drives Pucci’s ’60s-style dress and necklace at London’s Chain of Hope Autumn Ball.

-3493461d854495ddf.jpg

Milly Full of hardware-accented minidresses and graphic print frocks, Milly’s spring line offers many wearable options for the season’s ’60s trend.
-5630461d859631c52.jpg

-14023461d86da00f12.jpg

Versace

-8096461d87447b02e.jpg

i really like the mod look, but i think you need to be careful to mix it with more mundane things, lest you look like you're wearing a costume.

I love the look, and I love how the A-line dresses look on celebs, but I tried on tons of them and I look severely pregnant in them, being rather slim! I think very few real people can pull it off in reality.

I love the look, and I love how the A-line dresses look on celebs, but I tried on tons of them and I look severely pregnant in them, being rather slim! I think very few real people can pull it off in reality.

Sometimes A-line dresses / skirts can be really unflattering (makes you look like you have huge hips). I finally found a pretty mod dress after weeks of searching... the fabric is less structured so the A shape is not so noticeable. Have you tried VANITAS?

I love mod style but not a fan of the dresses that are TOO babydoll - a short skirt and knee high boots are one thing - Mary Janes and a dress that looks like it should be worn by a 12 yr old is a bit infantalising. I adore mod accessories though! Very grown up

I love the mod style!! Especially in black and white!

Wore a shift dress (similar to the cutting of the Gucci dress) last week paired with ballet flats, and got many complements :yes:

I love that it's so easy to wear, and is a great way of showing off leg without looking too tacky (especially at work).

Really like pics 1 & 3. A bit sick of that Caeron Diaz one by now!
Generally like the style provided worn with correct accessories & on the right figure/age group!