Spilled hot buttered popcorn all over my Coach!

:wtf:

I really hope you find something that will work... I don't have any brilliant ideas but just wanted you to know that I feel your pain and hope you find a remedy!:smile:

I'll try the cornstarch and/or baking soda. If they don't seem to work, I'll head up to Coach over the weekend. I really appreciate everyone's input! I'll post an update too.

This past weekend I was at the movies and DH was freaking out because I brought my hobo inside. He made me put napkins everywhere and protect it. He has become very protective over it since it is my "investment"! I didnt think about the butter until he said something and I saw your post.

LOL! Great Hubby!

OH MY! I would hate to have that happened! I would definitely take it into the store and see what they would say!

Everytime I goto the movies I always make sure there is an empty seat next to me so my purse can have its own little seat!

"Back in the day" I got melted butter on a Coach - it was one of the original leather ones in British Tan. The stain was very dark at first but over time it faded in especially as the leather became more burnished. It was traumatic but eventually I couldn't see it.

This may seem a silly thing to suggest, but, since you have nothing to lose, here goes. If there is an oil stain on leather I have sometimes put oil on the whole rest of the bag, just to even out the color. At least everything is the same color then. That is only a last resort, after you have tried everything to remove the stain and gone to the coach store. It's kind of like getting a stain on some clothing and then dying it black to hide the stain. Is that a crazy idea?

soap and a tooth brush if its fabric and a hair dryer to dry.

if its all fabric throw it in the washer =P

for leather maybe leather cleaner. not sure on that so sorry about that situation. i have grease on my fabric demi and soap worked just fine