Speedy 35? Carryable?

A few years ago I felt the 35 was too big but now I think the 30 seems small!:biggrin: I have mostly 35's and find them very roomy - not overly huge at all. I like the bigger opening and ease of getting my things in and out. I'm 5'6" -just a little taller than you are so I think the bag will look great on you.

I am 5'4" and have the mono speedy 35. It is a fabulous size. I don't think it looks like luggage at all. I use to take all my essentials to work and have room to carry my heels to wear in the office. It is a good size for travel since it will hold all of yoyr purse essentials and also stuff you might want on the flight such as scarf/shawl, magazines, kindle, bottled water, etc.

Thanks so much, ladies! You've been SO helpful, and your comments are very reassuring! My "gut" definitely IS telling me to go with the 35, and now that I feel confident enough that it won't look like luggage, I am going to opt for the 35!

I think I will be able to use it both as an everyday bag AND an overnight bag : ) I love how the size makes it more versatile!

With your height and curvy body, you sure can carry the 35. Follow your instinct.

i repeat ... follow your instinct.
i have a Mono Speedy 35 and love it. i started out with a 25 (too small), sold it and got a 30 (still too small), sold it and am i love with my 35. it's my go-to bag, my workhorse bag; it's versatile and classic.

DF45A55E-orig-1.jpg

I don't think the 35 looks like luggage at all. I am 5'10" though. I think you will be fine. I don't carry a lot as well and it doesn't have my shaper in at the moment....just a few black Friday coupons (the long length ones)

DF45A55E-orig-1.jpg

I don't think the 35 looks like luggage at all. I am 5'10" though. I think you will be fine. I don't carry a lot as well and it doesn't have my shaper in at the moment....just a few black Friday coupons (the long length ones)

Your ebene 35 looks great on you! Thanks so much for posting a reference pic! I think the size of the bag is perfect, and not too big at all!

I have a speedy 35 in Monogram, Damier, and Azur and love the size. Then again, I carry a lot and live big bags. I suggest trying both a 30 and 35 in the store to see which works better for you. I have. A 30 in monogram and damier and find them useful when I don't want to carry a lot.

I own a 30 and 35. For an everyday work bag it's a must for me to use my 35. my 30 basically works when running errands, beauty salon, food shopping etc. would I purchase a 30 again? Definitely not I would always go with 35. It's more versatile!

I am 5'4" and have the mono speedy 35. It is a fabulous size. I don't think it looks like luggage at all. I use to take all my essentials to work and have room to carry my heels to wear in the office. It is a good size for travel since it will hold all of yoyr purse essentials and also stuff you might want on the flight such as scarf/shawl, magazines, kindle, bottled water, etc.

This exactly. This is the PERFECT reason for a 35.

The 30 is a great daily handbag for certain, BUT - when you want or need extras like a stole or shawl and other things you wouldn't normally carry everyday, the 35 is perfect.

Personally unless you carry half your house with you i think a 30 is big enough.

funny how over time your thoughts change .. LOL

I still like the 30 for everyday... but the 35 is going to be a great travel bag.
I would have loved a 35 a year ago when I was going back and forth for over nights to s/o's place and evenings away....

I'm not really a damier fan, but like another poster said its great for travel as it doesnt scream LV!

A few years ago I felt the 35 was too big but now I think the 30 seems small!:biggrin: I have mostly 35's and find them very roomy - not overly huge at all. I like the bigger opening and ease of getting my things in and out. I'm 5'6" -just a little taller than you are so I think the bag will look great on you.

Funny! I felt this way about the speedy 30 when I first started with LV, I opted for the 25 and was more then pleased. Then I got an MC speedy and that 25 seemed small...
funny how we change over time.