South Coast Plaza Trunk Show is tomorrow

Thanks for the review ... I want the LoVe tote but it doesn't sound very nice at all ... PLUS I don't like orange or green at all ...I thought the sequins were gold and silver:crybaby: Thankfully the Valentine's items will be here soon as they are so cute:love:

Thanks for the report Rebecca, my wallet is definitely happy to hear it:rolleyes:

I'm especially disappointed that the Dentelle wasn't nice IRL. That's the only thing I was holding out hope for this season.

Also it sucks that the LVOE tote looks so cheap. Purple, orange, and green plus sequins?? What a strange combo! It was such a nice concept they had going, why did they have to go and **** it up?!?!:cursing: Sometimes, I feel like I could do better...

Lol no problem, all.

And LV Love, you might have to look at the Dentelle in person..you might like it, I just don't. It doesn't really catch my eye at all..just kind of looks confusing, like you don't know whether to look at the monogram or the lace. By the way, the pattern is on there similar to the way the Murakami pieces are painted on, then the flower pattern is stitched on top of that.

And as for the LVOE, yeah the Violet bag has orange sequins on the LV and the OE has these seafoam green sequins on them. Bleh.
That was the only one of that line they had, and from looking in the book, the canvas will have little bugle beads in gold and silver instead of sequins. Either way, they looked really cheap. I was disappointed :sad:

Thank you for the informative report, Rebecca! You always have a very good eye for detail! My wallet thanks you, too, since it confirmed what I already felt --- nothing jumping out at me either other than maybe the Damier Azur Sporty which I have to see IRL.

i was at the trunk show today at SCP (accidentally mind you! lol!) i just walked in to find my SA, and she was like, "OH! we're having our trunk show.. come lets walk and get a glass of champagne!" lollll.

i said in another post and I agree with LVbabydoll.. the new stuff does not impress me. however, the gold/white shopper things.. i forgot what they're called.. are actually pretty nice. they're unique! I like them for a summer tote to the beach because of the fabric used..

There was a bowler type bag with lil circles of leather that had the "globe shopper logo" on the circle on the bag.. it was interesting, but not worth over $2k IMO. bleh. i figure maybe $1500 MAX.. but it was like $2,030 i think.

The dentelle IMO wasn't as good as the hype surrounded it.. the stitching in gold (or the silver) just felt so.. cheap. the painting looked nice on the canvas, but the stitching just looked .. oh i dont know the term, but you know that type of fabric used for the metallic in a pen that's been covered in nylon fabric wrapped? Maybe you don't even know what i'm talking about, but it's that type of fabric.. a metallic nylon. i almost felt like the bag would fall apart if used daily. and it came in a PTI version, and even that felt not-sturdy.

The patchwork denim bags were interesting. I like them as a bigger bag.. the smaller bag looks like it's trying too hard. it's cute in a mosh-posh-hobo-esque way.. i prefer it in the blue denim.. the green denim is too much.

Thank you for the informative report, Rebecca! You always have a very good eye for detail! My wallet thanks you, too, since it confirmed what I already felt --- nothing jumping out at me either other than maybe the Damier Azur Sporty which I have to see IRL.

Lol no problem..I know not all stores are having this trunk show and a lot of people will probably not get the chance to see anything so I'm glad I can help :yes:

i was at the trunk show today at SCP (accidentally mind you! lol!) i just walked in to find my SA, and she was like, "OH! we're having our trunk show.. come lets walk and get a glass of champagne!" lollll.

i said in another post and I agree with LVbabydoll.. the new stuff does not impress me. however, the gold/white shopper things.. i forgot what they're called.. are actually pretty nice. they're unique! I like them for a summer tote to the beach because of the fabric used..

There was a bowler type bag with lil circles of leather that had the "globe shopper logo" on the circle on the bag.. it was interesting, but not worth over $2k IMO. bleh. i figure maybe $1500 MAX.. but it was like $2,030 i think.

The dentelle IMO wasn't as good as the hype surrounded it.. the stitching in gold (or the silver) just felt so.. cheap. the painting looked nice on the canvas, but the stitching just looked .. oh i dont know the term, but you know that type of fabric used for the metallic in a pen that's been covered in nylon fabric wrapped? Maybe you don't even know what i'm talking about, but it's that type of fabric.. a metallic nylon. i almost felt like the bag would fall apart if used daily. and it came in a PTI version, and even that felt not-sturdy.

The patchwork denim bags were interesting. I like them as a bigger bag.. the smaller bag looks like it's trying too hard. it's cute in a mosh-posh-hobo-esque way.. i prefer it in the blue denim.. the green denim is too much.

Yeah the gold/white shoppers weren't actually at the show I went to..unless I missed them lol. They sound ok though.

And that one with the circles, I don't know what to call it, but I just called it the button bag..and that one with the multicolored buttony things, the Tinkerbelle, is already sold out?!?! Eeek. And that might be the same one you're talking about, but the one with the bells in the key clochette was hilarious. I would be taking those off for sure :lol:

And ya I noticed the same thing about the Dentelle..bah. I opened the wallet and looked at the Speedy and it just didn't do it for me.

The patchwork bags....lol. I looked at the Speedy and it's just weird. There are pockets haphazardly placed on the bag..one is on the side, one is up by the handles. I dunno. Didn't do it for me either lol.

Thanks so much for that informative response! :flowers: I think i've made up my mind already, without having seen it in person, that Dentelle is going to be way too busy.

I'm confused about the "button" bags. So is it actually buttons on there, or circle-shaped leather? Everything from this S/S line just seems so... random to me.:shrugs:

HI LVBABYDOLL,
Did you see new EPI style? When I visit the LV store, the store manager showed me the 2007 catalog and there were a few epi. If you saw new epi, please let me know how you liked them.

Thanks so much for that informative response! :flowers: I think i've made up my mind already, without having seen it in person, that Dentelle is going to be way too busy.

I'm confused about the "button" bags. So is it actually buttons on there, or circle-shaped leather? Everything from this S/S line just seems so... random to me.:shrugs:

Lol I just call them buttons because that's what they look like from far away. They are the circle shaped pieces of leather with the Trunks and Bags logo printed on all of them.
And ITA! This season it was like, oh hey why don't I throw some lace here and some sequins here and crush a few bags together. It was all over the place. My mom thinks that they're testing loyalty and trying to see if people will go batty over EVERY line they put out...and also that they're trying to steer people back to the more classic bags. Who knows. :shrugs:

HI LVBABYDOLL,
Did you see new EPI style? When I visit the LV store, the store manager showed me the 2007 catalog and there were a few epi. If you saw new epi, please let me know how you liked them.

Hi there! I actually didn't see them because the stores don't have them in yet and the trunk show was more for the runway bags. I believe the launch date for these is scheduled for March 1st so the stores should be getting them in sometime in February. :smile: