sort of ot(off topic)..anyone ever success to talk into your bf to get you a chanel

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought "Is this girl trying to manipulate her bf to get her a $2k bag??" DAMN. Aren't relationships more than material things?
My bf is against buying expensive bags in the first place, but he would get me one if it was out of his own will and not by any sort of nagging, which I don't do. I don't think it's a good idea to ask/demand from your bf something this huge. Let him figure it out, it'll make the gift much sweeter.

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: i never had bf/significant other bought me any desinger stuff ever to tell you th truth.:shame: :shame: :shame:
So far, i got flowers, dinner at fine dining restaurant, candy.....i do dress nicely when going out, i think.:P I do sort of talk about desinger stuff once in a while. you know...sometimes..i thinnk maybe the guy i was/am with is not form $$$ family so they/he didnot think those kind thing maybe?? anyone???? please help!!

Aimeec... I never thought any BF would buy me thousands of dollar purses either...Until I meet my current BF... he loves me so much he just wants me to have everything I want. I think you should look for a guy who loves you so much and is willing to spoil you like no other.

As far as other pf'ers comment on you being "manipulative"; don't take it too personal because you simply asking for advice and you know what? I'm manipulative sometimes, and I'm sure we all do it sometimes. Your posting this thread because you want to learn some tips and tricks not to be judged!

Hmm... Sounds like he only spends $$$ on things you can both enjoy? I say you start slow - get a LV speedy or something first. LOL... I think that works well.

Keep me posted and if you need more advice - ask away!

yeap .. some girls are different that way. I'd much rather be spoiled by affection and little acts of love. My ultimate favourite gift from a SO is a cheap $1 pen disguised as a green ostrich, complete with glitter and feathers that didn't even write well. Take note that I'm way past the cute stationery age.

I have that exact same pen!! Mine is purple though! So cute, but it never seems to stay up, it gets knocked over super easily!

My fiance is generous and has bought me some lovely gifts, I don't however ask for them as he would think I was greedy and get pissed off. He likes me to look nice and a friend of mine had a paddy and he said he thought it was a lovely bag and looked far more expensive than my Balenciaga and thought I would look nice with one. He then bought me one. I am however dying for a Chanel classic flap and have mentioned how much I love them but he doesn't see the attraction and thinks they are a rip off so I don't think I'm going to be getting one!

Seriously though it's not all about the bags, my favourite ever present from him were my cats, gorgeous little moggys that cost £50 for the two!

i find guys have no idea what u like (especially high designer items), so i tend to buy what i want myself

I sometimes talk about which bag i want to buy (not him buying it for you). I think you shouldn't push him or they will resent it. If they are smart, they will get that you want that certain bag, and if they can, they'll surprise you with it.

BF at that time surprised me with an LV because i was complaining to him that the colour was going to be discontinued and i wanted to get it before it was gone. I could only get out the the store on the weekend due to work, but he went to the city on a weekday and bought it for me... :smile:

If BF doesn;t buy it, then you buy it.

Don't rely on other people to buy things for you. If you want it, buy it. Thats my motto

Aimeec... I never thought any BF would buy me thousands of dollar purses either...Until I meet my current BF... he loves me so much he just wants me to have everything I want. I think you should look for a guy who loves you so much and is willing to spoil you like no other.

As far as other pf'ers comment on you being "manipulative"; don't take it too personal because you simply asking for advice and you know what? I'm manipulative sometimes, and I'm sure we all do it sometimes. Your posting this thread because you want to learn some tips and tricks not to be judged!

Hmm... Sounds like he only spends $$$ on things you can both enjoy? I say you start slow - get a LV speedy or something first. LOL... I think that works well.

Keep me posted and if you need more advice - ask away!
Thanks for everyone taking time to reply me. Thank you.

Yorelica: You rock! right to the point.:smile::yes: I feel exactly this way more and more that he likes to get me things that we BOTH can enjoy. He took me to mexico before...i only paid for flight ticket.
I wonder what's the good charm that being a woman in a relationship can use to get spoiled? I do know saving up all by myself those things. I just feel like being spoiled like no other is the happiest thing that can happen to me once in a very while.lol.:shame: :shame: :shame: You got a really nice bf!!
Thanks again for reading.:biggrin:

^Aimee: Hmmm.. Well its interesting you almost remind me a lot of one of my close GF's....she wants her BF to buy her nice things (you know purses, nice clothes etc.) but has had no luck in doing so....and again her BF is generous (pays for her meals, when they go out etc. but just not so to the top when it gets to "gifts")

One thing you might want to try is give him nice things too?! If you get him a nice wallet (mens wallets are always cheaper than womens generally) so that gives him an obivous hint that you enjoy designer stuff!

As far as the charm goes....Hmm...I think some women are born with the charm! Just act like a princess (but of course not the type everyone hates) and you will be treated like one!

Saving up is a great idea, I work 3 jobs and I'm still doing my last semester in university...all for the love of bags! Hehe... So I think you can save up, buy your BF something nice and I'm sure he'll get the hint and get you something nice back! That starts it all!!

XOX Your very welcome!

Yorelica:sigh! i dont ever know a man who is willing to spend on his significant other.(i mean w/o a legal contract,marriage.) take myself as an instance, i dated a guy 5 yrs ago, he was a vp for a department which is doing commercial investment. drove a infiniti. i didnt know all these at beginning, we met at a bookstore. he came to me and we start talking all that.during the time, i bought him tie, wallet, the clipper that cilp the tie(forgot the name), from BR and saks fifth avenue as birthday and xmas gift.( i was a college student at the time.) He never once bought me anything....i am not saying i want sth in return or let's exchange gift those kind of thoguhts when givinng him things. He was paying for meal/movie if we went out. Again, now i am thinking all he gave to me is sth we BOTH can enjoy. at that time, i was NOT thinking this much at all. I was "felling in love". We ended b/c he was pushing for more permanent promise and he traveled a lot, we didnot get to see each other that much. so why not set we two free.

The guy after this one,i gave him 15K for helping out him get a car. He made me a co-owner in the title. that money i was preparing/saving little by little to pay for my student loan. and i certainly not from $$$ family, quote a line from my own, nobody ever bought me anything expensive ever. We ended b/c many reasons. just i want to say it seems like from my own experience,a man who is NOT willing to spend on his significant other.(i mean w/o a legal contract,marriage.) so, back to my Q.

Awww...then maybe your investing into the wrong guys!?

But yes...I do find it true that most men won't spend much on their SO unless theres a legal contract...HOWEVER, if you think about it...Maybe the guy who is willing to (wants to have you as his wife) so thats when their willing to! I think you will meet him when the time comes!

If giving him good gifts doesn't work... Well how about getting the point across to him YOU LIKE EXPENSIVE things (and you'ld rather have nothing or the best?), and I think that if he loves you and wants to spoil you like no other, he'll get the hint? Actually if a guy is after me...first thing I let him know is I like nice things, and if hes not able to provide those, he should get over having a future with me! LOL... A little realistic but you know what? I'm true to myself! I don't try to deceive guys into thinking I'm not materalistic because I am... If you are in a similar shoe to me - I think you should not be shy and show your true self to the current BF.

Or some ladies have suggested..you talk about the item day and night 24/7 and most guys will be like "Okay, lets just get it so you'll shut up!" hehe... that strategy does work on some men!

Btw, what bag are you drooling over?

i probably am into the not-right one.oh.sigh!..hmmmmm..there is a very good point you mension..yes, i like nice things as well.lol.:yes: but to let man know in a tasteful way is not easy. many ppl mistake "into nice things/decent lady" vs "materialism". then put on those judgemental thinking before everything goes into it.

the bags i am lemming are (lol..bags) as of current
heart chain pink lambskin.
the calfskin flapbag( i will try to post a pic)
classic lambskin in white(not sure gold or silver hw at the moment)

What's the point of trying to get somebody else to buy it for you? If you really want it that badly, you should get it yourself. I'm sorry, I hope that doesn't come across as being horrible, but whatever happened to independent women? You'll love the bag so much more if you've worked for it. People, don't flame me, but I'm just the kind of girl who has been brought up to get things for herself. I just don't see the point of relying on a man who has no clue about bags!