Soap Operas!!!

I only watch Days..and I've been watching for over 10 yrs now...its crazzzzzy, but you can miss the show for months and still know what is going on....I never got into any other soaps though

I Haven't Watch Daytime Soaps In So Many Years....When I Was (Real) Young I Loved Ryans Hope, All My Children, As The World Turns & Guiding Light....

As Time Went On (Still Not Past College Years)....I Started To Love Young & The Restless And The Bold & The Beautiful........My Sister & I Watched As The World Turns For A Summer In The Early 90's & I Think That Was It :sad:

pseub said:
I used to work at a CBS TV station about 15 years ago and got hooked on B&B, ATWT and GL. I can't follow what's going on with B&B anymore because I can't watch often enough, but I still see enough of World Turns and Guiding Light to follow the story lines. The think that always cracks me up is 1) James Stembeck coming back from the dead multiple times and 2) how when people have kids, they disappear when they turn 8, and suddenly show up as teenagers a year later so they can have their own plot lines.

Love the CBS lineup! :heart: My favorites are Dru Winters (Y&R) and bad a$$ Reva Shane (GL). Every now and then you see a fab bag.

Prada's Meadow said:
I heard Malcom is coming back,

What do you think about Lilly and Daniel getting married ?:nuts:

Malcom coming back? That will spice things up. Y&R is really good now. As far as him being on another show. Dru did Y&R and Diagnosis Murder both for a few years. I like the new Lily. As far a Lily and Daniel getting married, I think it was more interesting before they got married (when she was blackmailing her mommy :sad: )!

HUGE General Hospital fan. My best friend got me hooked years ago. Big Liason (Liz and Jason) fan. Am currently engrossed in Young and the Restless too. Thank goodness for Soapnet!

I used to hate Passions in college . . . both my roommates sophomore year used to watch it. (Later on, I realized I didn't like it because I found Timmy to be REALLY annoying.)

When I started working at Macy*s after college, my lunches were timed just when Passions would start. So I started watching it.

I don't watch it that much anymore. I'll check in every once in a while and go to the website's Sneak Peeks but that's about it.

Problem is, you watch it so much and the plot's pretty much the same that you can not watch for a couple of weeks and STILL know what's going on.

When we got BBC America, I used to be into Footballer'$ Wives, but I only got into it the beginning of the fourth season. Someday I'd like to get DVD's of the earlier seasons, though.

Favorite Passions quotes:

Tabitha Lenox: Is there any field of medicine that Eve Russell isn't an expert in? Obstetrics, gynecology, oncology, geriatrics, pediatrics, hypnotherapy. They should just put a cape on her and call her Wonder Woman!

[to Aunt Irma]
Thornton Chandler 'T.C.' Russell: Irma, I don't know where the hell you get these crazy accusations about Eve: That she had a baby with another man. Maybe it's because you're watching those crazy soap operas... The one that comes on after Days of Our Lives, but that's totally unbelievable!

[revealing Liz for who she really is]
Eve Russell: Liz is my sister. My dear, sweet little ***** of a sister!

[Ms. Wallace is telling Beth how she's going to wind up all alone]
Ms. Wallace: Think of it, Bethie . . . cats as far as the eye can see!

I watch As the World Turns regularly. But I think the writing hasn't been very good for a few years now. I remain devoted because of several of the characters/actors who have been on the show so long - Lily, Holden, Jack, Carly to name a few. I've watched Lily (Martha Byrne) since she came on back in the 80's. I feel like we've grown up together.:P

ooh i am HOOKED on Days and Y&R...moreso Y&R..I PVR both of them so I can skip the "crap" and watch the storylines I'm interested in...Days is getting annoying though...

I despise Phyllis!..Oooh and Gloria! I get so worked up over Gloria haha...oh man, I need to get out more haha! :hysteric: