SO frustrated!!!

I am the same way, I make sure my hands are clean and am careful where I set my bags down. It gets ridiculous sometimes, that's why I've been buying less mono lately. Just wish LV would come up with more intersting styles for the damier and suhali.

The vachetta situation is a catch 22 for me as I hate being careful because I hate the spots, but I also like a fairly broken in look not the "brandy" new look at me almost white vachetta so I almost want the process to speed up! I guess that is why I loved the Dentelle line so much!

Vachetta drives me nuts - not the process itself, but the way that I have to be careful or else it will get uneven. The only piece with vachetta I have is an azur speedy because I can't handle it!

oh yeah! my batignolles has been sitting in my closet since July because i'm too scared to use it. i know that sounds silly, but someone vandalized the bottom of my petit noe last Christmas w/ a black permanent marker, so now i'm super paranoid about carrying an LV with vachetta out of the house!

There are definately ways to slow it down! It is really hard when the bag is brand new... Have you ever thought about having the leather replaced once it gets a little dark??

I remember when the Alma came out, I loved that bag for about a day!!! The bottom of that was a total nightmare! lol..carried it to death though! I never thought about replacing the leather...I have seen a few done posted here in the forum and its just amazing!

I prefer the colour of the new vachetta. Out of all my LV bags, my Popincourt is the darkest at a nice honey colour. I don't mind the honey colour, but if it gets alot darker, then I won't be as happy with it. I've decided to try to stay away from buying bags with alot of vachetta unless I absolutely have to have it! I was really close to wanting the Tivoli, but I think I'm going to pass for that reason.

Aww!

I do love virgin vachetta, but Im ultimately a sucker for DARK PATINA!

I carry the heck out of my bags!

Im using the lockit now with the vachetta bottom and its getting a little dirty and dark, but Im able to live through it?

Haha, but SUNSHINE! YOU KNOW I ADORE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART!

Sorry about your vachetta frustration, Sunshine! I also like light to light-honey colored vachetta & I also get very frustrated :hysteric:at having to worry about dirt, water spots & the like.

Have you considered using any of the tpf recommended products like Appleguard, SM, or something similar? I found a spray called "Cadillac" at the same store where I bought my Uggs. It dirtproofs & waterproofs leather and doesn't darken the vachetta at all.

My goal this winter was to enjoy my LV's as much as possible in all types of weather and after I treated my bags (I got a Tivoli GM last week, too) I'm not so terrified about water spots & the yucks and am really schlepping my LV's in full joy and comfort.