So close...

bprim, I loved the part where you went out right from work. That sounds like me.....although I've been known ( when I was collecting porcelain dolls ) to jump up and run out immediately:upsidedown: if not sooner to see the latest arrivals.

You'll get your Lindy.....your choice sounds very beautiful!

must it be a LINDY?

That's a complicated question. There are actually 3 bags and 3 colors I would like to begin my collection with. First the colors, Rose Dragee, Rouge Garrance, and a brown (I haven't decided which one yet). The three bags are the Lindy, the Birkin, and the Kelly. At this point, I wouldn't even dream about the Birkin or Kelly.

I feel like it would be better to get the Lindy as a nice casual/weekend bag. The Birkin would be an every day bag and the Kelly would be for those days when I want to go a little dressier. I work in IT and on days when I wear something other than jeans I get the, "Are you going on an interview?" question.

My preference is to have the Lindy in the Rose Dragee. If I were to be able to get a Birkin I would like it in the Rouge G and the Kelly in a brown.

That's a complicated question. There are actually 3 bags and 3 colors I would like to begin my collection with. First the colors, Rose Dragee, Rouge Garrance, and a brown (I haven't decided which one yet). The three bags are the Lindy, the Birkin, and the Kelly. At this point, I wouldn't even dream about the Birkin or Kelly.

I feel like it would be better to get the Lindy as a nice casual/weekend bag. The Birkin would be an every day bag and the Kelly would be for those days when I want to go a little dressier. I work in IT and on days when I wear something other than jeans I get the, "Are you going on an interview?" question.

My preference is to have the Lindy in the Rose Dragee. If I were to be able to get a Birkin I would like it in the Rouge G and the Kelly in a brown.

the reason i asked is b/c (IMO) the rose dragee is a really pretty color but (again in my opinion) its a delicate lovely color...............much better suited to a kelly or plume or other small dressier bag. the Lindy being a truly casual bag would be gorgeous in brown swift or etoupe or clemence in some neutral color. i see a birkin in rouge g certainly.........i see a kelly 28 or 32 for the rose........

the reason i asked is b/c (IMO) the rose dragee is a really pretty color but (again in my opinion) its a delicate lovely color...............much better suited to a kelly or plume or other small dressier bag. the Lindy being a truly casual bag would be gorgeous in brown swift or etoupe or clemence in some neutral color. i see a birkin in rouge g certainly.........i see a kelly 28 or 32 for the rose........
hmmm... that gave me alot to think about.

If I already had a Kelly in a neutral color I would probably look for a Kelly in the RD. I would like a Kelly because it would be part of my professional wardrobe. Of the bags I have right now, I really don't have anything that goes well with a suit.

I could switch the Lindy and the Birkin colors. Do the Lindy in Rouge G and the Birkin in RD. I saw in another post another tPF'er who has the Birkin in RD and I drooled over it a couple of times that day (okay maybe it was more like 10).

What I take into consideration are bags I already have that I plan on keeping for some time, and how I use them. I have a Ralph Lauren Aviator Bag in dark brown (fall and winter casual and work casual) and a Bottega Veneta Campana in Magnolia Pink (casual but it can't get wet).

On the other hand, I like the etoupe Lindy suggestion. I have seen the other members' etoupe bags and I'm liking them.

Decisions, decisions. What am I going to do?

hmmm... that gave me alot to think about.

If I already had a Kelly in a neutral color I would probably look for a Kelly in the RD. I would like a Kelly because it would be part of my professional wardrobe. Of the bags I have right now, I really don't have anything that goes well with a suit.

I could switch the Lindy and the Birkin colors. Do the Lindy in Rouge G and the Birkin in RD. I saw in another post another tPF'er who has the Birkin in RD and I drooled over it a couple of times that day (okay maybe it was more like 10).

What I take into consideration are bags I already have that I plan on keeping for some time, and how I use them. I have a Ralph Lauren Aviator Bag in dark brown (fall and winter casual and work casual) and a Bottega Veneta Campana in Magnolia Pink (casual but it can't get wet).

On the other hand, I like the etoupe Lindy suggestion. I have seen the other members' etoupe bags and I'm liking them.

Decisions, decisions. What am I going to do?

Sorry to complicate the matter--but i do think that size, purpose and color are important factors...........quite frankly so as not to waste your money (and opportunity to buy hard to find bags). I have bought beautiful bags but that have little utility.............for example a birkin in 25 or 30 would be gorgeous in RD but a 35 (a big tote) in RD doesnt make sense to me.........

Sorry to complicate the matter--but i do think that size, purpose and color are important factors...........quite frankly so as not to waste your money (and opportunity to buy hard to find bags). I have bought beautiful bags but that have little utility.............for example a birkin in 25 or 30 would be gorgeous in RD but a 35 (a big tote) in RD doesnt make sense to me.........

I completely value the feedback. You're right. When making a purchase like this one should be sure the bag is going to be utilized.

I can't do a 35. They have a RD Flat Kelly in 35 and it was too much for me. I'm 5'4" and it didn't look proportional, and I don't carry much in my purses, a wallet, a card case, and a makeup bag to organize things I don't want loose in my bag.

The store had a white 30/32 Kelly and, had it been another color, I would have purchased it.

I thought I was going to bring home my first big orange box.

I got the call. My local H had a Rose Dragee Kelly Retourne in Swift (yay!) but it was a 25. I left work early anyway (this is Hermes we're talking about), maybe I could work it. I thought it would be doable because I am the queen of the small purse. But no, it was too small, even for me. (wahhh!)

I'm so disappointed.

Hopefully the SA will find what I want in another H's boutique.

There is a RD lindy on ebay right now, great seller too :flowers: