SNAD dispute question

Are her messages to you through eBay on record showing she is trying to change her address to another country? You need a paper trail to protect you. I would make sure all messages are done through eBay and would tell her in any personal emails to you they she needs to go through eBay messages.

This is where my lack of knowledge comes in because Im not sure if the messages are going through the case.
When I open up the case there is a "contact seller" option which is just a regular message, but the headline says: "Return: so and so send a message".
But the case itself doesnt have like a "wall" where you can post comments.
Hope this makes any sence.

But yes maybe the only solution is to escalate to a claim, but then I would deff have to put money forward for return shipping all the way to Australia and that would cost 1/3 of what I paid for the bag, I recon.

Im in Europe but not the UK
I think many of us were assuming you were in the US. The way ebay does things is probably somewhat different there than in the US. It is difficult for you to know if you are covered if you can't speak to anyone. I still think that most of the advice you received is applicable. The seller needs to pay for the shipping prior to you sending it. The way you describe what you see in the case sounds similar to what I see. I don't have one open at the moment so I can't look. But when I wanted to send a message it was through the case. There were two options, I think, add information or send a message. Until the case was escalated, anything posted about the case and the messages were only viewed by the buyer and seller. Once the case is escalated, then buyer and seller can no longer speak to each other. Ebay views it and makes a decision.

If you decide to escalate, write everything pertinent in the case before you do. Even if it is in the messages from the seller, I would still include everything, including her request that you ship it to the UK instead of to her, and your proof that it is fake. Also say you want complete reimbursement of all your costs, including shipping, and if you have to ship it back, you want a prepaid shipping label provided by ebay.

I think many of us were assuming you were in the US. The way ebay does things is probably somewhat different there than in the US. It is difficult for you to know if you are covered if you can't speak to anyone. I still think that most of the advice you received is applicable. The seller needs to pay for the shipping prior to you sending it. The way you describe what you see in the case sounds similar to what I see. I don't have one open at the moment so I can't look. But when I wanted to send a message it was through the case. There were two options, I think, add information or send a message. Until the case was escalated, anything posted about the case and the messages were only viewed by the buyer and seller. Once the case is escalated, then buyer and seller can no longer speak to each other. Ebay views it and makes a decision.

If you decide to escalate, write everything pertinent in the case before you do. Even if it is in the messages from the seller, I would still include everything, including her request that you ship it to the UK instead of to her, and your proof that it is fake. Also say you want complete reimbursement of all your costs, including shipping, and if you have to ship it back, you want a prepaid shipping label provided by ebay.

Thank you very much for the help and info.

Yes its frustrating not being able to just call eBay up and ask them about all this.

But I managed to find a contact form on the website where I have written all my question collectively, so I hope this works and that they will get back to me.

I simply just want to be able to return this bag, but I dont want to have anymore expences.

Thank you very much for the help and info.

Yes its frustrating not being able to just call eBay up and ask them about all this.

But I managed to find a contact form on the website where I have written all my question collectively, so I hope this works and that they will get back to me.

I simply just want to be able to return this bag, but I dont want to have anymore expences.
Which is what you deserve. You shouldn't have to spend anything to return it and you should get a complete refund.

I think the reason she asked you to ship to UK is due to custom.
If you ship to Australia and the good value is over 1k, it will most likely attract a custom and duties (10% + clearance charge).
I don't know whether declaring it as "return" will void this charge.

From what I understand (and I can be mistaken) shipping across Europe won't attract any custom and duties.

I agree with others - you need to get confirmation in writing from eBay before shipping it out.

I think the reason she asked you to ship to UK is due to custom.
If you ship to Australia and the good value is over 1k, it will most likely attract a custom and duties (10% + clearance charge).
I don't know whether declaring it as "return" will void this charge.

From what I understand (and I can be mistaken) shipping across Europe won't attract any custom and duties.

I agree with others - you need to get confirmation in writing from eBay before shipping it out.
It still makes no sense that the seller is requiring (requesting) the buyer to ship to the UK. The seller is still in Australia and presumably wants her fake item back. So how does it help to ship to the opposite side of the world from the seller?

Even if the seller has relatives in UK who will forward it to her in Australia and if duties are the issue, that "issue" isn't going to change.

The OP in this case isn't a friend or relative of the seller and shouldn't be voiding her buyer protection by shipping to another country from where the seller is located.

Reactions: aki_sato
How did you pay for it?

I agree with everyone. It needs to be returned to the address that EBay/PP have on record. She needs to provide the return label. I hope that you receive a response from EBay and that it is resolved quickly for you.

UK or Australia or Mars, make sure to ship back to the address that is in the message from Ebay "Return the item back for a refund" (or something along those lines), not from the seller directly. And only after you get compensated for the ship fees

It still makes no sense that the seller is requiring (requesting) the buyer to ship to the UK. The seller is still in Australia and presumably wants her fake item back. So how does it help to ship to the opposite side of the world from the seller?

Even if the seller has relatives in UK who will forward it to her in Australia and if duties are the issue, that "issue" isn't going to change.

The OP in this case isn't a friend or relative of the seller and shouldn't be voiding her buyer protection by shipping to another country from where the seller is located.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you BB - what I meant to write is that: if you ship to Australia, no doubt she has to pay custom so to avoid that, she asked you to ship to UK.

Furthermore if she decides not to pay the custom, she might red flag custom which can cause investigation and if they realize that she is involved in counterfeit activity she will definitely get fined!

So I opened a case to return a bag that I bought that turned out to be counterfeit.

But... seller lives in Australia but she wishes me to return the bag to a UK adress to minimize the shipping costs (which I have to put money forward for and then she will refund me).

My questions are now:

1)
Is it safe for me to return the bag to another adress than sellers if seller wishes me to and if she confirms the adress through the case/dispute?

2)
If yes, and I want her to confirm the adress through the case/dispute, so its visible for eBay aswell, how can I see that the message has been send through the case/dispute, so that I can be sure that if anything happens, the adress has been confirmed to eBay aswell?

I know this sounds like an odd question, but I wish that the dispute had its own inbox. It confuses me a bit that I receive both normal messages and messages in the dispute in the same inbox [emoji51]
What proof do you have that the bag is fake? Are you 100% certain? I have been reading some material about this and I am afraid mailing a counterfeit goods is illegal in a lot of countries.
https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Tru...er-of-counterfeit-goods-has-not/qaq-p/1671766