Slouchy vs. Structured

I'm hearing all of you ladies --. Structured is more chic, and slouchy is more casual and "cool." Think Charlotte Gainsburg and her slouchy bags...
I think, maybe, that slouchy bags are for younger women...? Any comments?

I think they are for people who dress in a slightly more casual, relaxed way; whatever their age. :yes:

I think the only reason that slouchy bags may have, traditionally, been considered younger and structured older, is because, traditionally, many women have tended to dress more conservatively as they have got older.

I really don't think one has to, though. :biggrin:

I think as a (stylish) woman gets older, it is far better for her to adapt her own style, so that it becomes age/body appropriate (i.e. not flashing so much flesh!); rather than hitting a certain age and suddenly feeling forced to dress in a conservative way that is not 'her'.

it depends on what i'm carrying in the bag, where i'm going, what i'm doing, why im going there, what kind of place it is, what kind of people who will be there, etc etc.

both!!!

I like both structured and slouchy bags, and use both kinds on a regular basis. But I do have to be more organized when I carry slouchy bags, I try to carry less things when I do, and use all pockets available (on the inside or on the outside).

A friend of mine carries a small clutch inside some of her slouchy bags, to make it easier to find stuff when you need it. I think that's a good idea, and I've intended to do the same thing, but I havent gotten around to it yet...