slight rant with my Tokidoki =(

I had a problem w/my first season tokidoki bambino, the rivets came loose and the strap came apart, this happened on TWO of the same style bambinos, so finally I talked to lesportsac, and they don't repair them, but they can exchange/credit so I got a creidt and ended up w/my dolce citta rosa. I was kinda annoyed they didn't tell me they couldn't repair it until AFTER I sent it to them, bc now I don't have the first season print anymore. Anyhoo that is another story. But my dolce has been fine. I did get the original bag direct from a lesportsac store though, and I had the receipt. I don't remember if they made me send the receipt back with it though.

You should just call lesportsac and insist on an exchange.

Wow that sucks that it happened to 2 of your bags!! I hope this quality issue doesn't happen to a lot of people! I forgot to mention in my last post, Lesportsac does require the receipt to be sent back with the bag, even if it's a department store receipt.

Wow that sucks that it happened to 2 of your bags!! I hope this quality issue doesn't happen to a lot of people! I forgot to mention in my last post, Lesportsac does require the receipt to be sent back with the bag, even if it's a department store receipt.

I wonder if it was something that was only a problem w/the first batch, I noticed the rivets were metal in the fall season bags (I never got a second season bag) and noticeably more sturdy, IMO

Hi everyone!

I think I want a Gioco this time (they're the same price so I can exhange it for that). Anyone own one? how do you like yours?

I got one, and I'm liking it okay so far. Trying to get used to a bigger bag, I'm a small bag gal and I've been using the dolce for 6 mo now. But I love how you can fit so much crap in there. heh... and I like the shape.

Hi everyone!

Good news! I told my ebay seller what Lesportsac had told me and she didn't like the sound of it either and she actually called Lesportsac herself, telling them the deaprtment store wouldn't do anything, and pushed Customer Service to exchange it! So she gave me the CS rep's name and extension and I called and spoke to her and I'm getting an exchange!:yahoo: I'm bummed that they don't have the Citta print anymore cuz I loved my Buon Viaggio esp. the print placement on mine (it was perfect!! :sad: ), BUT I do love the new Pirata print and I wouldn't have been able to get one of those for a while anyway since now I'm broke! LOL So I'm settling with a Pirata :wlae:. I think I want a Gioco this time (they're the same price so I can exhange it for that). Anyone own one? how do you like yours?
I like my gioco. It looks great but can be annoying to get in and out of. You have to set it down to get stuff in and out.

I like my gioco. It looks great but can be annoying to get in and out of. You have to set it down to get stuff in and out.

Thanks! That's exactly the kind of input I'm looking for ;) I do really like the shape of the Gioco but I don't like having to fuss over getting things in and out quickly. I think I see what you mean by having to put the bag down to get stuff with the way the top sorta folds in.. Hmm I'm still not sure though with what I want!

Hazelnut - maybe it was a bad batch... i dunno. I just hope this doesn't happen to me with my new bag!

I agree. plus it has a big footprint, so I find I have to put it on a decent size space to easily get in and out of it. otherwise things in the bag shift and it isn't 'balanced' if that makes any sense. the other thing is, it is a decent size bag, so I find it takes a lot more body space, ie I am whacking things more with it when I'm walking around/getting out of my car/etc... which I am trying to be careful of because I don't want my beautiful pirata to get dirty!!
but again, I've been carrying the dolce which is about 10x smaller...

I'm glad to hear you're getting a new bag. It stinks that you can't get the exact one but the pirata is an AWESOME print!! You'll love it!

I own 3 giocos and I like them a lot. I too agree with the others though it's a bit tough to get in and out of and if there's not a big enough ledge or counter to sit my gioco on I find I almost dump the contents...heheheh. But I love the fact that it fits a ton of stuff and doesn't look too too big!

Ditto about the hard to get stuff in and out of it. The shape is a bit awkward with the dip in the middle and really requires you to have to set it down.

I'm glad to hear that they are sending you a new bag!

Thanks! That's exactly the kind of input I'm looking for ;) I do really like the shape of the Gioco but I don't like having to fuss over getting things in and out quickly. I think I see what you mean by having to put the bag down to get stuff with the way the top sorta folds in.. Hmm I'm still not sure though with what I want!

tokidokifever - What happened with your new bag? Did you decide what you wanted??

tokidokifever - What happened with your new bag? Did you decide what you wanted??

Hi TokiliciousJenY :smile: I've been away from the forum lately and I forgot to update! LOL Anyway, I decided to stick with a Buon Viaggio. I went to my local Macys and they had a couple giocos and though the shape is really cute I totally saw what you meant about having to set it down to get in n out of it. Anyway I sent out my bag for exchange on Saturday so Lesportsac should have received it today. I can't wait! BTW I picked up another toki bag - a citta bella!:biggrin:

wow, so even if you buy a bag off ebay, you can return it to any store (same store name) & get a replacement? i've got to remember to ask for a recent for the things i get off ebay...

I wonder if it was something that was only a problem w/the first batch, I noticed the rivets were metal in the fall season bags (I never got a second season bag) and noticeably more sturdy, IMO
I have a problem all the time with my bambinone playground bag . When I try to unzip it the lining gets caught in the zipper and causes the zipper to get stuck. It gets pretty:blush: embarrassing sometimes when i go to pay for something and have to stand there and struggle to get my purse open. I try to be real careful with it when I close it so it doesn't happen as often now .

Hi TokiliciousJenY :smile: I've been away from the forum lately and I forgot to update! LOL Anyway, I decided to stick with a Buon Viaggio. I went to my local Macys and they had a couple giocos and though the shape is really cute I totally saw what you meant about having to set it down to get in n out of it. Anyway I sent out my bag for exchange on Saturday so Lesportsac should have received it today. I can't wait! BTW I picked up another toki bag - a citta bella!:biggrin:
That was a good idea for you to go and check out the Gioco before you ordered it and hated it!! I'm glad you're sticking with something that you know you like. Congrats on your new bag purchase. I'm sure you'll love that one. I have a bunch of bella bellas and they're my FAV!! Let us know when you get your pirata buon viaggio!

I love tokidoki - I have the same problem with my black cammo angioletto...the inside lining gets stuck in the zipper all the time!! It's so annoying and completely embarassing when there's a line of people behind you and you can't get your $$ out of your bag. I think in the first toki seasons the bags were of a lesser quality than they are now. Which really doesn't make sense as LeSportsac has been making bags forever and ever...it's not like they're a new company. I don't know if anyone's noticed but in the earlier seasons the zipper pulls are connected to the zipper with just a round piece of metal which could possibly open up and the zipper pull could fall off and now they're on a ring which is like a key ring which has a less likely chance of opening and the zipper pull falling off. So I think over the seasons they've made improvements to the bags. :smile: