Sister wives

Well...one could supply mind-blowing sex, another could provide much needed intellectual stimulation, and the third one could meet the emotional needs...attention and affection, joint therapy sessions... :biggrin:

I didn't watch this, but saw just saw this article
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b202716_sister_wives_family_under_investigation.html?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Sister Wives Family Under Investigation for Bigamy

Big Love? Try big trouble.

The Utah family featured in TLC's Sister Wives, which debuted Sunday, are being investigated by police for—wait for it—felony bigamy, a third-degree felony in the state.

Sister Wives revolves around Kody Brown, his three (almost four) spouses—Meri, Janelle, Christine and Robyn—and the brood's 16 kids.

"At the conclusion of the investigation, the evidence will be forwarded to the Utah County Attorney's Office for review and possible prosecution," says Lehi City Police Lt. Darren Paul.

The crime of bigamy is rarely pursued in the state, but officials admit the investigation was spurred by all the hoopla over the show.

Meanwhile, the Brown family has released the following statement.

"We are disappointed in the announcement of an investigation," the family says. "But when we decided to do this show, we knew there would be risks. But for the sake of our family, and most importantly, our kids, we felt it was a risk worth taking."

TLC, meanwhile, is just staying mum and, presumably, enjoying the free publicity.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100928/ap_en_ot/us_sister_wives_investigation

Utah police investigate plural family for bigamy

SALT LAKE CITY – Police in Utah say they've launched a bigamy investigation into a polygamous family starring in a reality television show.

Lehi police Lt. Darren Paul told the Salt Lake Tribune for a Tuesday report that the investigation was triggered by publicity surrounding the show.

"Sister Wives," premiered Sunday on TLC. It features Kody Brown, a 41-year-old advertising salesman and his four wives.

Bigamy is a third-degree felony in Utah, although it is rarely prosecuted. Under the law, a person can be guilty of bigamy through cohabitation, not just legal marriage contracts.

Polygamy is a legacy of the early Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Mormons abandoned the practice in 1890 as a condition of Utah statehood.

while i have no real insight into the mormon religion or culture i do find it highly disturbing how some posters on here think to have the right to call any women who is in a polygamous wedding (i am talking rightfully and legal marriage here) having some sort of issues or troubles or that it is perverted or for it to be on the same page as "bestiality" etc

if you do not agree with it fine but please do not belittle these women because that shows no respect the only thing that it does show is a lack of understanding of polygamy

again i am not talking about this specific case of mormon polygyny but more about polygamy in general

I enjoyed the show. I recorded it and watched it yesterday when I got home from work. All the wives and the husband seem like really normal people with normal lives. Except, of course, there being 3 wives and 1 husband.

Months ago I was talking to a couple of friends about the Duggar's show, 19 kids and counting. I have one friend who totally hates the Duggars. I explained that I enjoy watching these shows because, although I wouldn't live like this, I find watching people who are different from me to be fascinating. I even told my friends that if they ever came out with a show about pologamy, I would watch it because it is so different from my life.

I have no issue with pologamy as long as no one is being forced or coerced. It is also a problem if the young boys (teens) are kicked out because they are normal boys and/or are competition for the older men.

:goodpost:

I was disgusted by this show but at the same time fascinated. I probably will continue to watch the entire season. This "lifestyle" is just an attempt to legitimize adultery. You can tell that man is not a real husband to any of those women. Did anyone else notice the superficial way he hugged them? Something just seemed off.

My curiosity has me watching too. I don't mind watchig Big Love, as it's fictionalized, but to know that in REALITY, that crap exists, it just blows my mind!

Him driving in the 2 seater sports car was a mess. You have this humongous family, and yet you drive a 2 seater???? To me he is putting on a fake persona.

I will probably watch again to see about the 4th wife, but this crap disgust me too and I too agree it's a way to legitimize adultry.

I will give the Duggers credit, at least Jim Bob believes in monogomy and has ONE wife!

They are being investigated for bigotry. See below.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/28/sister.wives.felony.ppl/index.html?hpt=C2
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/28/sister.wives.felony.ppl/index.html?hpt=C2

Well...one could supply mind-blowing sex, another could provide much needed intellectual stimulation, and the third one could meet the emotional needs...attention and affection, joint therapy sessions... :biggrin:

How bout one to pay the bills, one to do yard work and one to do painting and larger projects around the house?

The bills...I forgot about that. It's probably first on many people's list, but it didn't even occur to me. :Push:
Alrighty then, a fourth for the bills and to pay the gardener and the painter. :P

Yah good luck with that one. I think if they are straight you'd have to have sex with all of them. :graucho: The first one sounds straight and the other two sound like wonderful gay guys who make wonderful best buddies!:nuts:

Yah good luck with that one. I think if they are straight you'd have to have sex with all of them. :graucho: The first one sounds straight and the other two sound like wonderful gay guys who make wonderful best buddies!:nuts:

perfect solution ! some hubbies would be straight and some gay - each doing what they can do best:graucho: polygamy ftw!